94-97 tuning thread.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Well I checked everything from DP back and everything is tight and not leaks. I havent checked my up pipes though but I dont think it is. As far as the HPOP I could see that being weak (15*) and everything is still stock except for the pulley system (320k miles)

Well your exhaust system doesnt matter.... an exhaust leak there will just make a mess, it wont chane the performance. You need to look at your up-pipes and the manifolds. Those are the only spots for an exhaust leak to occur and hurt anything. After the turbo discharges the exhaust its not dependent on anything... which is why people can run hood stacks.

Reaction score
How about PCM codes? I have a NAW6 pcm and the chip is TDE1---does this make a difference? Engine wise the truck runs great, but I have been struggling with transmission shift points and quailty of the shifts

Tom S

Reaction score
Possibly, I have a lot of seat time for chip tuning on the obs. I also have the truck that will alter the shift points based upon which PCM is in the truck. I can tell you that 4mph difference in the shift point makes a difference in how the shift feels as well. What are you running currently?

Reaction score
Sorry I need to update my sig. Currently Full force stage 1's, Beans d-66, 17 hpop, electric fuel, RacerX built tranny. Switched to custom tunes on a TS chip(don't want to throw the tuners name out) from a off the shelf Diablo 3 position. Shifts were jolting so I sent it back to drop the line\epc pressure. Now the shifts are all over the place. Talked to Racer and checked out some stuff on the tranny but am leaning towards tuning. never had a problem with the diablo chip--might throw that back on and just double check. When the chip came I saw that it was marked TDE1 but assumed that the tuner knew best. moter is much quieter and the throttle position\power band is much more managable--egts are easier to keep in check--everything is great except the tranny-sometimes lock the tc very early bogging the motor--sometimes holds a gear for a long time, sometimes downshift with a light touch of the pedal and others you can floor it and the tranny holds the gears and lets the motor pull through--just not consistently.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Going back to Tony wildman tunes! He's gonna live tune it in a couple weeks! What can I expect? Never had live tuning before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom S

Reaction score
Sorry I need to update my sig. Currently Full force stage 1's, Beans d-66, 17 hpop, electric fuel, RacerX built tranny. Switched to custom tunes on a TS chip(don't want to throw the tuners name out) from a off the shelf Diablo 3 position. Shifts were jolting so I sent it back to drop the line\epc pressure. Now the shifts are all over the place. Talked to Racer and checked out some stuff on the tranny but am leaning towards tuning. never had a problem with the diablo chip--might throw that back on and just double check. When the chip came I saw that it was marked TDE1 but assumed that the tuner knew best. moter is much quieter and the throttle position\power band is much more managable--egts are easier to keep in check--everything is great except the tranny-sometimes lock the tc very early bogging the motor--sometimes holds a gear for a long time, sometimes downshift with a light touch of the pedal and others you can floor it and the tranny holds the gears and lets the motor pull through--just not consistently.

How are things with no chip? That is where I would start after looking at your signature.

Latest posts

Members online