Cooling mist

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
What's up guys, steve from psn here and trying out this site too. Picked up a cooling mist stage 1 and looking for some general know how :)
Running about 40/60 wiper fluid/ water. Seems to cool awesome but what an I generally use safely for home brew and brands of fluid? Inplan on trying boost juice. Anyone have any hard facts of number improvements on a dyno?
Thanks guys

farm boy

Reaction score
What's up guys, steve from psn here and trying out this site too. Picked up a cooling mist stage 1 and looking for some general know how :)
Running about 40/60 wiper fluid/ water. Seems to cool awesome but what an I generally use safely for home brew and brands of fluid? Inplan on trying boost juice. Anyone have any hard facts of number improvements on a dyno?
Thanks guys

I don't have any experience with running drugs through mine. I stick to straight water.

Be careful, Methanol is uncontrolled timing. Too much is a bad thing...

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i have a tune specifically for meth that i just got, im not really into it for the meth, but having a little extra oomph on track day might be nice

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
can i run straight up washer fluid? been mixing 75% water and the rest WW and the cooling is great but im hitting up the dyno tomorrow and want a little more oomph :D

Tom S

Reaction score
I would suggest doing some research on the placement of your nozzles to prevent any with uneven distribution issues.

Last edited:

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i did mine basically where ive seen others and on powerblock. right on the y before the plenums. not sure if it makes a difference how far it is from the intake as long as its post IC but for what its worth its roughly 8" from the first plenum

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
its not called a water meth kit for no reason.safe levels are 50/50 such as boost juice containing 49/meth 51 water. i just didnt know what brands of wiper fluid i could use. i have a tune for meth. im not looking to go wild with it just like for a few extra ponies for the dyno, other than that it sees nothing but water really.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I have considered this for towing. My issue is my truck is my work truck and it needs to be reliable. When it breaks it puts me in a bad spot. Also I used to like working on my truck , but , as I get older I seem to be growing to hate it. I hear stories about these things hydro locking motors too. I really dont want to have to deal with this either. I do get higher EGT's than would like from towing. So far I just take it easy and hope I dont hurt anything.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
if you run just a water solution in this kit its extremely helpful and i dont think theres any risks. the stage 1 cooling mist set i have is run off a boost switch and has a solenoid. so if it ever happened that my boost switch welded shut and kept feeding the juice then it would just run the tank dry but if you shut off the truck and the pump had power, the solenoid shuts off with the truck so its impossible to hydrolock from my understanding. its a very nice set up

Peroni

Reaction score
I have a Coolingmist CMGS EGT kit waiting to go in. Plan to run water only and hope to see a decent egt reduction when towing.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Run no more then 40% meth, as I have said in other threads, I have seen the CP's go up once you go over the 40% range...

Use it for the cooling effect so you can run more fuel, not for the HP and you will be fine.

I would be leary of a "water injection" tune...

Latest posts

Members online