'95 Performance Upgrades!

killshot121

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the site and haven't had a ton of time to search through all the forums for all my answers but I do have some questions:

I recently purchased a '95 stoker and it came with a very fresh heavy duty tranny and fresh performance injectors. I just installed an air intake and chip. I'm looking on doing a 4" Diamond Eye exhaust on her but before that happens I was curious about your thoughts on a few things. I read that the stock Garrett turbo pushes enough air but I'm determined to push some more PSI and it looks like a new compressor housing might be a cheaper alternative to achieve better performance than a whole new turbo set-up. (I'm a college student on a budget). If so, which one is generally preferred. Also any thoughts on the wicked wheel, lifter pump, overboost kit and any other tricks to push some more power through these 'ol motors, with of course staying on a budget.

Any help or direction on where to go, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
What are the specs on the injectors? Turbo really depends on how much fuel you are pushing.
Exhaust would be the first thing to do. If the stock downpipe is still in place it's robbing just as much power as a new turbo is going to buy you.

On edit:
Noticed in you sig you have 150/146 injectors. You aren't pushing enough fuel to warrant going to a t-4 style turbo just yet(in my eyes anyways). Either run the stock turbo, add a wicked wheel, or look into a 66mm turbo.
Don't see them listed, but gauges before anything else. I'd imagine EGT's are through the roof with a 150cc injector and stock DP (presumably)

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Intercooler and guages would be nice. A larger trans cooler like a V-10 goes in easy. A good exhaust would get rid of a major cork in the system, also gut out the EBPV. With your current setup, the stock turbo is fine.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
A ww2 comp wheel would go very nicely with what you have done already. No other work to the turbo though. Our stock turbos can handle plenty of fuel and flow good air. ESPECIALLY for guys on budgets. Get a 3 inch downpipe and 4 inch exhaust kit of your liking, gauges, and ditch the K&N filter.

On your TS 6 position does it have just regular TS canned tunes or did you get custom tunes?

If they are just regular TS tunes ide suggest getting custom tunes. Swamps would be a good place to go considering your running thier injector.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Just leave your turbo alone..a WW is a stock WW and doing anything to make more boost will just kill it as they are not designed for more than 25lbs +-

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
The first(older) WW is just a stock (or very close to) OBS stock turbo wheel which is an upgrade for the 99-03 turbos to get rid of surge. The WW2 has shown great benefits for stock OBS and SD turbos as well as 38r's.

Plus, I know of plenty of stock turbos that live at 35-40 psi just fine. Anythign over 40 is pretty much playing with fire.

Latest posts

Members online