Obs 38 gallon rear tank.

lildiup

Reaction score
Hey I seen lmc truck has a 38 gallon rear tank but says only fits to 89. The tanks are the same in the 96 psd right?

m j

Reaction score
got mine from rockauto as well. do a part number search for "F26E" they are $171

funny thing is they are made in Canada but when I try and buy one here they cost about $400. $270 for the part and another $150 to have them ship it to me from the closest warehouse with stock.
they have a warehouse in Burnaby but apparently they wouldnt ship it internally from the stocking warehouse.
so I had to save $200 and buy from Rockauto LoL

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I know it's a bad pic... But this is how most sump the rear 38 gallon tanks
953-1309E4D0E972-1971-000003084CFEA390_zps51f1794b.jpg

lildiup

Reaction score
I haven't looked at mine yet but I'm guessing there is not a good flat spot to put a sump. So you weld that in or just bolt with an o ring?

bluedge8

Reaction score
in for details, I need to drop my tank to fix the fuel gauge/ pick up tube problem anyway, might as well add capacity!!

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Also in for details. I plan on just using the 38 gallon rear tank with a sump and getting rid of the selector valve and front tank to simplify my fuel system.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Still gotta get sending unit right? Does it plug into stock harness?

m j

Reaction score
you modify your existing stuff typically

I used modified bronco sending unit and put the fuel pump in the tank

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I know it's a bad pic... But this is how most sump the rear 38 gallon tanks

FYI I would never sump a tank like that. Over time the vibrations that fitting experiences WILL break the steel around it causing it to leak. It's not IF but WHEN.
The proper way to install a sump would be to get one of the larger diameter billet alum sumps like what Bean's sells (they sell them for a reason).

Or, if you are set on building your own, start by welding a large diameter washer to the tank (3" or 4" diameter), then a smaller one, and so on, until you have a hole to install the bulkhead fitting. This will disperse the load across a wider area of the tank and essentially eliminate any cracking.

Latest posts

Members online