1.0, WW2 or both?

MeTo

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a little more boost and sooooner. I drive like a grandpa, because I am. I'm good in the midwest, but in the mountains out west I would like the turbo to spool up sooner. I never spin my 7.3 above 3000, so I don't think choking will be an issue?

Would anyone have personal experience with any of these components and be willing to share some numbers?

Swaan

Reaction score
Yes both.
The 1.00 would help alot . And a new wheel from diesel site if you want just a bit more.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend my time or money on the wheel, especially since the obs trucks already have a wicked wheel stock. Also, I've heard alot of complaints about egt's rising after ww installations.

Swaan

Reaction score
It's the 11 blade ww for the 38R that has people seeing higher egts.
The WW2 for obs is alot better design then the stock wheel.

MeTo

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend my time or money on the wheel, especially since the obs trucks already have a wicked wheel stock. Also, I've heard alot of complaints about egt's rising after ww installations.

I believe your referring to the ww v1.0?

I would like to hear form anyone who has experience with running both, before I throw $400 at it and pull the turbo.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Another vote for the 1.0 housing. You will like the spool up much better and it won't completely run out of boost on the top end. It's the perfect housing for 95% of guys using these trucks.

josh77

Reaction score
I just did a billet wheel and the 1.0 egts seem same or touch lower and power is definitely better down low and a little more fuel mileage

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MeTo

Reaction score
I just did a billet wheel and the 1.0 egts seem same or touch lower and power is definitely better down low and a little more fuel mileage

That is good to hear, but where exactly is down low? Do you have some rpm numbers? A couple of people selling, recommend the .84 housing.

With this mod, I'm going to wait until I have some actual numbers to validate which option is best.

79jasper

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone recommend the .84
Obviously the ones selling them will, then they can make more money when it's too small and you have to buy a bigger one from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

josh77

Reaction score
It seemed to lower the power band bout 3-400 rpm
And I agree the .84 will be too small