F350 suspension swap to f250?

psdguy95

Reaction score
I found a good deal on a donor truck for the d60. I was curious if I could swap the rear springs of the 350 over to my 250? Is that possible?

Tom S

Reaction score
I would compare the springs codes on the door to see what you are getting into if you are looking for say more capacity. SD springs ride nicer in the back but take a little doing to instal.

Strokersace

Reaction score
The only difference I've found on the OBS F250 and F350 rear suspensions is the lift blocks. I've never looked at the codes on the door to see if there's any differences though. Never figured Ford engineers were that smart in the older trucks!!

psdguy95

Reaction score
I know the lift blocks would be different but would the the 350 suspension bolt up? Its off a 96 350 and going on my 95.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah, bolts right in. I've swapped several suspensions straight across from different OBS trucks. Swapping out rear ends and such while leaving the leafs attached to the axle. Easy cheesy.

Fronts are the same. Only need to bolt up the track bar bracket to the crossmember then bolt the rest up. The holes are all there for all the compenents, front and rear, just need to be added. Like the overload spring brackets in the rear, the swaybar brackets, etc.

As Tom said, though, swapping in SD springs takes a little more work but it still definitely doable.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Awesome. I'm not going to do sd springs yet. Money is too tight. But the axels off the 350 already have lockers in them. :D

Krause

Reaction score
It can be swapped straight across no problems, but the are the same leaf pack. The F250 and F350 got the same rear leaf sets in the OBS, so you wont be gaining any ride difference or load capacity. The only difference in suspension was in the front.
Krause

psdguy95

Reaction score
My truck sags and the springs on the 350 still looks good so i figured i'd swap them over. Does anyone know the ride hight specs of a stock 95 f250?

Tom S

Reaction score
It can be swapped straight across no problems, but the are the same leaf pack. The F250 and F350 got the same rear leaf sets in the OBS, so you wont be gaining any ride difference or load capacity. The only difference in suspension was in the front.
Krause

That was the point I was trying to get at.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Krause

:whs: Same identical rear springs but a 1300lb pay load difference:doh:

Krause

Reaction score
There's seriously only a 1300 Lb difference. Why didn't they just put those on the 250's?

No they ARE THE SAME SPRING, Ford just rated the truck at 1300ibs difference payload, for reasons none of us can understand because they were the same rear suspension.

Or put another way, once you have a D60 in the truck, it is essentially a F350...

psdguy95

Reaction score
Sounds like they were just to lazy to make different springs. Don't the 350's have a leaf or two more in the rear? I remember my old 350 had more leafs then my 250

Strokersace

Reaction score
If you count the overload spring that is common on the F350 and not so common on the F250, then yes, you could count that as an extra spring. BUT... it's not part of the actual spring pack. It sits on top. That overload, the stop brackets for that spring on the frame, the 4" blocks, and a rear swaybar is the only thing different on the rear end.

The actual spring pack though, it the exact same.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
The ONLY difference between a F350 and a F250 in the rear is a F350 has 4" block and a F250 has 2.5" block. THAT IS IT. they both have the same 5 leaf spring with the optional 1 leaf over-load spring

Latest posts

Members online