Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 05-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Oh yeah it couldn't be anymore of a buyer's market. There's new 15 and 16 vipers for sale in the crates at dealers by me right now for like $7k. They're basically giving them away. And the used market is way down too. We need a good winter really bad, just to pump some life back into the sport. And having to drive 5+ hours into the UP just to find snow sucks. Sledding is my first love but I can't wait to get a truck and have a bit of a summer hobby working on it and just driving it around for fun.

Btw, idk how picky you guys are about tangents on threads but it doesn't bother me at all either way so if a mod wants to clean it up fine.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Another thing is our wear they still have a ton of snow everywhere. One of their best winters in a long time. They'll be riding into July way up on the mtns. Hopefully it makes its way east next year.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

yeah, hard to sell those vipers when the sidewinder is sitting right next to it. i chose the 146'' apex cause i am not enthused about riding an arctic cat chassis. plus this apex is an absolute animal out of the hole.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

The all white isn't my style but I love how David Fischer rolled into SEMA last year with a loaded sled deck lol
And all sleds these days are very good at something, it just depends on what type of riding you do and how you ride. For what I do, the fun factor of the Axys can't be beat. And with a 137x1.5" Ripsaw 2, it's killer on and off trail. It's getting some clutching and gearing this summer along with some C&A skis so it'll be even more of a beast. If I could fast forward to December I would.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Mod Squad
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry3an7 View Post
Btw, idk how picky you guys are about tangents on threads but it doesn't bother me at all either way so if a mod wants to clean it up fine.
Up in the technical sections of the forum, we try to stay on point. But down here in the cellar, (General Discussion and AWOL) it pretty much a free for all.

BTW, welcome to the site.
SDRCM #478
PSA Conspirator # 22
Old 05-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Up in the technical sections of the forum, we try to stay on point. But down here in the cellar, (General Discussion and AWOL) it pretty much a free for all.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Thanks! Seems like you guys are pretty cool. Nothing worse than a constant forum bitchfest of holier than thou egos.
And that's why I posted this in the GDF, just looking for opinions. And I'm always down for some sled talk lol
Old 05-21-2017, 11:36 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

polaris, now chevy. your out of control!!! lol
Old 05-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

I know, I know! Even though I'm a poo/ford guy, I still appreciate other makes. It's kinda funny how the same bullydog tuner is really popular in sleds and trucks so there's some crossover there. Also is it bad in contemplating a vanity plate of "BRODOZR"
I'm all for playing into stereotypes and I think it would be pretty funny. One of my buddies told me I should name my truck The Compensator lol
Old 05-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry3an7 View Post
I know, I know! Even though I'm a poo/ford guy, I still appreciate other makes. It's kinda funny how the same bullydog tuner is really popular in sleds and trucks so there's some crossover there. Also is it bad in contemplating a vanity plate of "BRODOZR"
I'm all for playing into stereotypes and I think it would be pretty funny. One of my buddies told me I should name my truck The Compensator lol
My wife refers to my truck as the mistress.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:55 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

That's a good one. I kinda have that with my sleds. My new one is awesome a ton of fun but I can't bring myself to get rid of my old one because it means so much to me. And it isn't worth anything lol. 10,000 miles on a 2 stroke sled is like 250,000 on a vehicle.