Super Duty door interchangeability

JEEPSTER401

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a manual window and lock door shell off of a 16 will go onto a 05 cab with manual window and lock? Not only that but will all of the door parts swap over without any issue as far as mounting goes? The parts people say there’s a change in 08 but from what I can find that is just a wiring change. I found some NTO 16’s same color for a decent price to replace my rusted ones.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
as far as i know the steel portion of the doors are the same

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
That is what I seem to be finding too, but not certain if that is true or not..

They’re the same skin. Internals will work too if it’s manual to manual. The door card is shaped differently but it will fit.

JEEPSTER401

Reaction score
What do you mean by door card? Like you said the door skins are the same part number from 99-16 so there must be something different on the internal shell. The door hinders are the same part number too. I have a 15 and a 05, visually they look very similar on the inside but I haven’t bought the new take off doors yet. I know the door handles on the newer stuff is cable and old is rod but the speakers and all the holes took the same for everything else.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Don't be at all surprised if a bolt hole changes size or moves between the 05 and the 15, I put an 00 door on my 99 many years ago and the speaker bolt holes were a different size. Ford is really good at making little changes for whatever random reason.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Biggest thing I have noticed between them is the wiring grommet passes through on the earlier models and they plug in on 08 and newer. There is a connector where the wiring passes through.

Latest posts

Members online