How to make a timing calculator

Kind

Reaction score
Anyone know what it takes to make one for the 6.4?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the 6.4 but I read on efi live forums that the goal is 40-50 percent of the duration of fuel btdc. I've done some calculations and I found 1 ms duration translates to 6 degrees at 1000 rpms, 12 at 2000 and so on. So on a 2.0 ms tune at 3000 rpms, the fuel would be injected for 36 degrees. I bet you could make a table in excel to calculate it for all rpms and pulswidths. Although this doesn't Take into account the piston bowl design or injector angle

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I would think you would need to know the bowl size and spray angle first. Just to keep the fuel in the bowl. I would think with your hd pistons that don't have a lip on them they should be able to take a bunch more timing.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Well I've been Working on one for a while and I got something to work. I can't take all the credit as I basically modified the one that was posted in the 6.7 tuning section. The only issue is that you have to first copy the duration values and then use Excel to transpose the values ( swap the x and y axis) and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
Here it is. I rescaled the duration table to get the duration to match the mass fuel desired so my actual duration was the same as what the file calculated

Attachments

• Copy of 6.4L Powerstroke Timing Calculator 00.xls
    419 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online