How much light should I get?

Reaction score
So I'm looking at adding more light to my old allis field tractor and have been researching light bar and pod options. I talked to a local guy and he quoted $85 a piece for 1400 lumen truck lite individual lights, up to $240 for 2500 lumen grote trilliant series lights. Was wondering just how much light I should need. I need to see thirty feet of cultivator behind me and about 150 feet ahead of me so I don't outrun my lights when driving 30 km/hr back home at night.

Reaction score
Lightbars only light up the dust. I had a 31" on the back of my tractor and as soon as the dust started flying I couldn't see the back half of the field cultivator.

Downey

Reaction score
Light bars are great but like stated above they are only going to light up the dust. Also if your windows aren't clean. They will just glare so bad u can't really see out the windows. Truck lite makes some good led rights and are super rugged.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I would get totron light bars off ebay with the yellow covers to cut glare. Cheap and amazingly bright

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Light bars are great but like stated above they are only going to light up the dust. Also if your windows aren't clean. They will just glare so bad u can't really see out the windows. Truck lite makes some good led rights and are super rugged.

The glade from inside the cab is terrible. All I can see out front is my outline.

I've put a set of 4" pods on the back for just a little bit more light and they have worked great this fall. We will have to wait until spring to see what they do with the dust.

I believe the smaller the light the better. You can point the light is the direction you want and not have one big bar to where you can't direct the light where you want it.

This is where I had mine and the glare from it was terrible.

9E6AB4F5-BCAB-4708-BEBB-C185373E9775_zps3wuivgah.jpg

142C5946-AF74-4EB7-A195-A3482D3F27FF_zpsy8ek8yz3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the never ending list of fall stuff to do and school made this project bump down the priority list but hoping to get on it soon enough. Thanks for all the pointers, I think I'll go with the pods cause I can aim them. I'm a bit anal about my windows too, usually wipe them off every second or third pass.

Latest posts

Members online