Billet stealth hpop leaking

dsberman94

Reaction score
I bet Vader continues to add nothing to the thread...same as he accused me of... how much you wanna go for?

At least Vader contributes elsewhere on this forum, more than can be said about you. Nut swinging for a failed company like you do doesn't count as a contribution in my mind.

David N

Reaction score
Dynoproven does not turn billet stealth pumps into their upgraded pumps. They can do that with an srp, but the billet pump is a custom housing. But it is possible they could get an o-ring for the cover. I gave them my billet stealth after Gary refused to fix it. They have my pump torn apart to go off of.

At least you're honest. LOL

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I bet Vader continues to add nothing to the thread...same as he accused me of... how much you wanna go for?

I am anxious to see the (Insert procedure here) part so go on....

I am going to say this forum needs less **** talkers that cant turn a wrench like the two posters above this, but thats just my opinion.

from the google search image I found it looks like the rear cover unbolts.
I would pull the pump, and see it the cover comes off when the bolts are removed.
I would bet its a simlpe Oring like the stocker but larger as it has a larger cylinder assembly
the srp version uses a common -140 oring , I would replace it with a viton

Here is my helpful contribution, as you are right I have not added anything helpful for the OP yet.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to get a hold of Gary. After the Srp1 and Srp1.1 disaster, he has gone into hiding and done a good job of disapearing from what I understand. (Can not speak from first hand experience as I have never purchase a product from him)

I agree with what I have quoted from MJ in the second quote. I would try removing the bolts from the rear cover and see if it will just slide off. I would think that it should and there will be an O-ring inside of that cover that seals it. A viton would be a better replacement if there is not already a viton one in there. Any competent Hydraulic shop should be able to get you a replacement O-ring.

If you are uncomfortable with doing that, I would recommend taking the entire pump to a local Hydraulic shop and asking them to take a look at it. There is nothing magical inside of them so as long as the shop is competent, they should be able to reseal it for you. They may not be able to test it though, just keep that in mind.

m j

Reaction score
At least Vader contributes elsewhere on this forum, more than can be said about you. Nut swinging for a failed company like you do doesn't count as a contribution in my mind.

I dont nutswing for anyone, ever.
its just nuts and bolts.

there are morons that post in every hpop thread that have never even bothered to open an hpop to see whats in there.
to me that is someone with a vendetta that does absolutely nothing to identify/solve/prove/diagnose the issue. pure noise drowning out the signal.
internet says 'pics or it didnt happen'. where are your pics?

some of those same people swing from nut to nut as the winds blow to the next flavour of the week.
who is the FotW now? the stifled grumbling has begun to surface over the last nut that was swung on.

DocBar

Reaction score
Dynoproven can turn it into their upgraded pump. Considering they're probably the same thing they'll probably just reseal the rear cover, slap their sticker on it and send it back. Or you can try resealing it yourself. Should be fairly simple.
I've personally watched Jonathan build and flow several pumps. This isn't the way he does business on his hpop's. He takes it very seriously and does his best to put the best parts available into them. No, I'm not on his payroll and will call him out if I feel it's warranted, but this is pure speculation on your part. Unless you know him and can confidently say this, with evidence, you shouldn't disparage a company based on an assumption of yours.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've personally watched Jonathan build and flow several pumps. This isn't the way he does business on his hpop's. He takes it very seriously and does his best to put the best parts available into them. No, I'm not on his payroll and will call him out if I feel it's warranted, but this is pure speculation on your part. Unless you know him and can confidently say this, with evidence, you shouldn't disparage a company based on an assumption of yours.
whats up doc? where you been hiding?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score

Not taking sides here Doc. Theyve had some issues the last year or so. Not stating that they have had high pressure oil pump issues but issues.

I personally know two people I sent there for parts that had bad experience based on taking two months to get a call back for a part they hadnt yet gotten. I decided to mail them a chip and see how long it took to get. I had a ts6 with php tuning on it for 250/200-38r-fuel system-hpop-billet trans and my kid and his buddy were in the garage waiting out the rain while I was working on my interior renovation for my 7.3. They kicked the soccer ball and broke my chip by knocking it off the bench. I grabbed a spare and shot it off to dynoproven. Two weeks after they got it certified i called to ask if they had questions on my setup or tunes. They said no and that John wasnt tuning at the moment and he'd be getting to it the next week (i called on a Friday). I said ok. And I wasnt mad or even worried. I waited two more weeks. Same answer. Two more weeks and I said if you cant provide me with a tracking number, kindly put the chip in the postage paid, certified parcel return package I shipped WITH the order and send it back, no hard feelings. They called me two hours later and were saying it was because my chip was no good. They were going to get me a new chip and send my order.

My take:after 6 weeks of not filling an order for fifteen minutes worth of work, they felt bad and decided to grab a new piece, put the tunes on it and send it out. Which took until the following Wednesday :(

After that, id not be surprised that this is business as usual. I was fine with my tunes. I even called them to tell them what i did and did not like. I thanked them for the new ts6. If I couldnt have direct access to them to be able to pop in and ask "hey, wheres my parts/tunes/etc" after a reasonable amount of time Id think twice about ordering anything substantial. Just because I foresee stuff getting lost, misplaced, etc.

DocBar

Reaction score
Not taking sides here Doc. Theyve had some issues the last year or so. Not stating that they have had high pressure oil pump issues but issues.

I personally know two people I sent there for parts that had bad experience based on taking two months to get a call back for a part they hadnt yet gotten. I decided to mail them a chip and see how long it took to get. I had a ts6 with php tuning on it for 250/200-38r-fuel system-hpop-billet trans and my kid and his buddy were in the garage waiting out the rain while I was working on my interior renovation for my 7.3. They kicked the soccer ball and broke my chip by knocking it off the bench. I grabbed a spare and shot it off to dynoproven. Two weeks after they got it certified i called to ask if they had questions on my setup or tunes. They said no and that John wasnt tuning at the moment and he'd be getting to it the next week (i called on a Friday). I said ok. And I wasnt mad or even worried. I waited two more weeks. Same answer. Two more weeks and I said if you cant provide me with a tracking number, kindly put the chip in the postage paid, certified parcel return package I shipped WITH the order and send it back, no hard feelings. They called me two hours later and were saying it was because my chip was no good. They were going to get me a new chip and send my order.

My take:after 6 weeks of not filling an order for fifteen minutes worth of work, they felt bad and decided to grab a new piece, put the tunes on it and send it out. Which took until the following Wednesday :(

After that, id not be surprised that this is business as usual. I was fine with my tunes. I even called them to tell them what i did and did not like. I thanked them for the new ts6. If I couldnt have direct access to them to be able to pop in and ask "hey, wheres my parts/tunes/etc" after a reasonable amount of time Id think twice about ordering anything substantial. Just because I foresee stuff getting lost, misplaced, etc.
I've had issues with him on the timeliness of some things, I was just speaking directly to the effort he puts into building his HPOPS.

DocBar

Reaction score
whats up doc? where you been hiding?

live life full throttle

Oh, I've been lurking on here every now and then, just nothing to really reply on. I spent the last 1.5 years living in NYC, driving a Nissan Altima. lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
I've had issues with him on the timeliness of some things, I was just speaking directly to the effort he puts into building his HPOPS.

Yea. There's a guy doing a build right now and he's losing his sense of humor with them over delays and excuses too. Its a current thread here too.

Why the altima? Easier to get around obviously but is the truck alright?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh, I've been lurking on here every now and then, just nothing to really reply on. I spent the last 1.5 years living in NYC, driving a Nissan Altima. lol
haha, right on man!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online