Injectors, turbo, and the typical newb questions

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
So it seems like I have been away from the forums long enough that I have forgotten everything that I once knew. Pretty much all the following questions Im asking a newb would ask and i know that I know the answers but I forgot.

Ive seriously been on this forum for several years, and the others for even longer. Funny how this happens.

Ok heres the skinny, I traded my truck to my old man for a year or so now, and now I have it traded back, it seems that it has fallen into some disrepair (not like it was in super great shape when it left).

I need glowplugs, injectors, turbo, uppipes, tires, and it seems to have a terrible starting issues (worst then when I last posted on here several months ago)

Its a E99 F350 dually auto 7.3L with 220,000+ miles

Glowplugs no big deal.
Tires going with 255/85/16 Coopers
Uppipes sucks to spend $460 but its an e99 and I dont feel like upgrading everything just for cheap pipes

Heres the questions:

Injectors: I want 160/30s. Full force or PIS best price/deal?
with that ill be needing a hydra chip, thinking of PHP tunes.

Turbo: its an early 1999 so not alot of options, I was hoping that KC turbos was going to release their 38R for the e99 but they never have, so that doesnt leave alot of options. I really dont want to spend the coin to go over to late 99 parts, not going T4 for the same monetary reasons.
Need something for pretty heavy towing (26' stock trailer)

If I go to 160/30 injectors what fuel system upgrades are needed? just the Frx or full regulated return?

Also with todays tuning will a triple disk torque converter and valve body get me by? I really dont like the idea of a $3500+ freight tranny. this truck sees like 500 miles a month. MAYBE.

I have more questions but I cant seem to remember them either. Thanks

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
I think today I answered some of my own questions.

I think Im going to go with PIS injectors 160/30, hydra chip, JW valve body, Cnc Fabs quad feed fuel lines, TQ from Recon or Dieselsite, 6.0 trans cooler, strictly diesel hutch mod prefilter, and bellowed uppipes for an e99. I may also go with a mean green starter as I think mine is giving up, but we will see on that.

Im still not sure if I can get a KC38R for an early99 they have them for OBS trucks though so I would assume there is.

hopefully I didnt miss anything. To bad I didnt do all this during a black friday sale.

superpsd

Reaction score
PIS is a good choice. I don't think that the E99 turbo was released but you will have to ask them.

LaneyRacing

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm needing some input or help if possible. I have a 08 6.4 fully ******d with a H&S mini max and a single turbo setup Arp 2,000 headstuds and all aftermarket intercools. With this single setup I keep getting check engine codes for the turbo actuator and boost codes but the single setup does not use the twin actuator system anymore. Do I have to get custom tunes to ****** these problems kinda like the egr and stuff? Cannot stand check engine lights ��

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Dieselsite has a early 99 ball bearing turbo that's been released. It's listed on their website site maybe give that a look.

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
Dieselsite has a early 99 ball bearing turbo that's been released. It's listed on their website site maybe give that a look.

Isnt that just a stock turbo though? Just with a ball bearing? It seems like the stocker is a 60/84? The dieselsite one is a 60/84 or 66/94

The 66/94 option might work as the KC38R is a 70/93? Is that right?

sootie

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm needing some input or help if possible. I have a 08 6.4 fully ******d with a H&S mini max and a single turbo setup Arp 2,000 headstuds and all aftermarket intercools. With this single setup I keep getting check engine codes for the turbo actuator and boost codes but the single setup does not use the twin actuator system anymore. Do I have to get custom tunes to ****** these problems kinda like the egr and stuff? Cannot stand check engine lights ��

not the right place to post by any means but you need single turbo tune files.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.