Garrett 38r vs Diesel site Ball bearing turbo

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Will do. But he really doesnt have much seat time behind the old turbo with the chip. I only installed it about a month a go

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I'm still wondering how one rebuilds a ball bearing turbo. I know Garrett wants you to send the turbo back for any BB CHRA issues. Same goes with Precision.

Are the turbos being VSR balanced after rebuild?

Billy T.
[email protected]

jngreen

Reaction score
I use a prybar and a hammer to do the same thing. A couple of pecks and the clamp breaks loose real easy.

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
So which one is comparable to a 38R the 60/84 or the 66/94?

Or better question is which one will pair best with 160/30s?

Biostroker

Reaction score
Looking for the plus' and minus' or both

I like the idea of the Diesel sites being rebuildable.

I'm in the market for a new turbo, and haven't heard much of a review on the Dieselsite Wicked Ball Bearing Turbo. It's that or a Garrett 39r that seems to make a lot of people happy.

Trying to get this thread back on track a bit if anybody has any experience with the DS Turbo. Really want to know if the performance and reliability match the 38r.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
38R has a 66/88 compressor wheel IIRC. Vs stock which I think was 60/80? Again, IIRC

Stock exhaust wheel.
the stock wheel in the 38r is that size.. the billet wheels are a extended tip exducer out to 94mm

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Reaction score
Also Google and search this site for the KC38R, more reviews on it, but I'm sure the diesel site one is of great quality

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new turbo, and haven't heard much of a review on the Dieselsite Wicked Ball Bearing Turbo. It's that or a Garrett 39r that seems to make a lot of people happy.

Trying to get this thread back on track a bit if anybody has any experience with the DS Turbo. Really want to know if the performance and reliability match the 38r.

The tried and true 38r is hard to beat. Been running mine with 350/200 hybrids for a while now. It runs 7.9's at the track. They will make power with good tunes. Heck I'd love to try one of these KC or Diesel Site turbos to see if I pick up any power.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The tried and true 38r is hard to beat. Been running mine with 350/200 hybrids for a while now. It runs 7.9's at the track. They will make power with good tunes. Heck I'd love to try one of these KC or Diesel Site turbos to see if I pick up any power.
I would assume you would being the turbine side isn't stock size like the 38r..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nvhayfarmer

Reaction score
Anyone install and have a review on the dieselsite wicked ball bearing turbo with 66mm/94mm option?

I haven't found much for reviews, but i just ordered one from swamps to go with the 175/80% injectors for my early 99.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

JO9816

Reaction score
I am also very interested in how this turbo performs. I'm about to pull the trigger on it and some 160/30 injectors for my early 99, but haven't found many reviews on it.

Nvhayfarmer

Reaction score
I am also very interested in how this turbo performs. I'm about to pull the trigger on it and some 160/30 injectors for my early 99, but haven't found many reviews on it.
X2. Hopefully ill get mine installed within 2 weeks, planning on doing injectors and turbo at same time. My injectors are being made and won't ship out until next week. I have a 6 speed so I'm curious how quick or laggy turbo spool up will be.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

dmd

Reaction score

I have these on my 2000 with a 38R. I need to tow more for final decision
but I like it so far. I have lots of other updates too. I didnt go larger
as I didnt want to beat up a 17-yo truck even with seemingly eventhing
to support even larger injectors.