Strange cold temp issue

Arisley

Reaction score
I would start by pulling the PCM out and hitting the J3 port with some contact cleaner and a trimmed off acid brush. Do the same thing to the Contacts on the chip. Probably simple corrosion from age.

By acid brush, this is what I mean:
47e5a5b5-7989-45cb-a759-2dcb41f94d7b_400.jpg

I trim the bristles shorter to make them stiffer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm answering my own questions, but was curious if the switch is any more prone to failure than the other parts. The chip connection would appear more fragile than the switch. I suspect the switch is fine after it worked correctly in all positions after reinstall.

It's an excuse for a hydra lol
might need to get the pcm re-tined.. had to have mine done cuz you could slam the door or hit a bump and it would kill the truck.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

MeTo

Reaction score
Logged in and no quote button?

Quote; might need to get the pcm re-tined.. had to have mine done cuz you could slam the door or hit a bump and it would kill the truck.. lol

This just happened to me on the way home from Arizona, of course for me it was at 19 degrees in Nebraska.

Who did you have do the re-tinning? I have been thinking of using a spyglass and needle to "tweak" the contacts slightly in the Hydra connector.

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive not looked at it closely yet.. the truck is driven little.

I suspect that given how reliable its been over the years, its likely an issue of aging contact (corrosion) and or component age. The chip has been in the truck for many years. The good news is that I think I finally understand whats going on. The long term plan is to try a hydra and get a little more tuning flexibility.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Logged in and no quote button?

Quote; might need to get the pcm re-tined.. had to have mine done cuz you could slam the door or hit a bump and it would kill the truck.. lol

This just happened to me on the way home from Arizona, of course for me it was at 19 degrees in Nebraska.

Who did you have do the re-tinning? I have been thinking of using a spyglass and needle to "tweak" the contacts slightly in the Hydra connector.
Johnathan Jones at Dynoproven did mine for me

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online