What Do You Guys Think This Truck Is Worth?

Atsah

Reaction score
start lower then that. worst he can say is no. tell him 8k cash(if you feel comfortable with 8k cash in hand) and hold out for a few min.

I may do that. I drove it and it drives well for what it is. I am use to driving dump body trucks. The oil pan was done by a shop up north and they removed the motor, I called them and asked about it, they said the truck was well cared for, it was a town truck and they spared no expense on the truck, I may have found a sound one, been looking for years.

Blizzard happening here right now so Thursday I think I will head there with cash. The Allison in my Duramax gave up so I sold it.

Atsah

Reaction score
Well not so good news on this truck, I drove it for 20 minutes, came back let it idle for 15 minutes and it started acting like maybe injector issues, not sure but then I looked on the bottom side of the motor and she leaks like a siv.. I'm not looking to dump a pile of money on fixing anything, I don't mind fixing stuff but I just don't have time to mess with it.

Atsah

Reaction score
Looks like the backside of the motor, It's really hard to tell, my problem is, it was cleaned before I looked at it and that don't go with me.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like the backside of the motor, It's really hard to tell, my problem is, it was cleaned before I looked at it and that don't go with me.
doesn't everyone clean chit up when they sell it? but I get what you are saying..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Atsah

Reaction score
doesn't everyone clean chit up when they sell it? but I get what you are saying..

live life full throttle

Lets put it this way, if I where selling something that had leaks I would clean everything and tell a potential buyer that when I was cleaning the underside of the truck I did notice some type of fluid leak, I wouldn't clean it and say nothing and hope I could get someone to fall in love with it and buy it before really giving it a good once over, to many people hiding sh!t when trying to sell stuff.

I would rather be honest, take a little less money for the truck and not think about what the guy is going to think of me when he has a puddle two feet around in his driveway the day after purchasing it from me, things like that bother me, a lot of people do it but I'm not one of them.

Atsah

Reaction score
Could it be the hpo line o-rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know much about the 7.3, The 6.0 forces you learn so I know that one pretty well but the times of fixing trucks is pretty much over for me so I think my best option would be to up my budget and buy something newer, I may wait to see if I'm going to stay here in Maine or not, if I decide to stay here I will likely buy a one or two year old truck and let Ford fix it if something is wrong.

eng53ine

Reaction score
I don't really know much about the 7.3, The 6.0 forces you learn so I know that one pretty well but the times of fixing trucks is pretty much over for me so I think my best option would be to up my budget and buy something newer, I may wait to see if I'm going to stay here in Maine or not, if I decide to stay here I will likely buy a one or two year old truck and let Ford fix it if something is wrong.

Gotcha, the hpo lines that connect to the hpop. When the o rings go it sends oil through the valley, down the back of the motor normally diagnosed as the rear main leaking. The car lot I bought mine from had the rear main replaced and was gonna have it done again after I test drove it since it was still leaking. Told the mechanic at the shop they used it was the hpo lines and he said "the what?". Anyways could be an easy fix just have to take a light and look at the back side of the hpop and where they connect to the heads, while the motor is running you should see oil if that's what it is. Good luck whichever way you go.

Atsah

Reaction score
I might have the Ford garage look at it to see what's going on and what it would cost to fix it. The diesel tech's are good there and it's a mile away from where it is.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I might have the Ford garage look at it to see what's going on and what it would cost to fix it. The diesel tech's are good there and it's a mile away from where it is.
that might work out.. if it is really leaving a puddle uner it then I would lean towards hpo lines.. easy fix honestly. just a couple o rings or new lines all together but they are pricey if you go that route. 60-80 bucks each i want to say but an o ring kit is like 10 bucks.. if it is just a drip or a seep then it is probably the ebpv leaking around the rod.. could be the hpo rial plugs on back of heads but that isn't extremely common.. it happens but not a lot.. turbo pedestal orings could also be bad. hpo plugs on top of heads could have a bad o ring, icp sensor oring could be bad, hpop seal could be bad.. only one that would realy suck are the plugs on back side of heads. turbo pedestal o rings are a lil time consuming but its prolly an hour job if never done it before and the v bands pop lose easy. hpop seal is a bit of a task but isn't the end of the world.. id hose it off with brake cleaner and drive it to see just where it was coming from. if they don't know better then can say it is the rear main and have him knock a grand off the price but in reality, they rarely ever leak...
Lets put it this way, if I where selling something that had leaks I would clean everything and tell a potential buyer that when I was cleaning the underside of the truck I did notice some type of fluid leak, I wouldn't clean it and say nothing and hope I could get someone to fall in love with it and buy it before really giving it a good once over, to many people hiding sh!t when trying to sell stuff.

I would rather be honest, take a little less money for the truck and not think about what the guy is going to think of me when he has a puddle two feet around in his driveway the day after purchasing it from me, things like that bother me, a lot of people do it but I'm not one of them.
I know exactly what you mean. id do the same.. or offer to fix it if they get the parts after purchase.

live life full throttle

Atsah

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for all the info, It is going in Friday morning to get checked out, I'll let you guy's know what the story is. I figure for $50 that he said he would charge me to check it out is money well spent.

dsberman94

Reaction score
that might work out.. if it is really leaving a puddle uner it then I would lean towards hpo lines.. easy fix honestly. just a couple o rings or new lines all together but they are pricey if you go that route. 60-80 bucks each i want to say but an o ring kit is like 10 bucks.. if it is just a drip or a seep then it is probably the ebpv leaking around the rod.. could be the hpo rial plugs on back of heads but that isn't extremely common.. it happens but not a lot.. turbo pedestal orings could also be bad. hpo plugs on top of heads could have a bad o ring, icp sensor oring could be bad, hpop seal could be bad.. only one that would realy suck are the plugs on back side of heads. turbo pedestal o rings are a lil time consuming but its prolly an hour job if never done it before and the v bands pop lose easy. hpop seal is a bit of a task but isn't the end of the world.. id hose it off with brake cleaner and drive it to see just where it was coming from. if they don't know better then can say it is the rear main and have him knock a grand off the price but in reality, they rarely ever leak...

I know exactly what you mean. id do the same.. or offer to fix it if they get the parts after purchase.

live life full throttle

You can probably get steel braided lines made for cheaper rather than buying from Ford.

psduser1

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for all the info, It is going in Friday morning to get checked out, I'll let you guy's know what the story is. I figure for $50 that he said he would charge me to check it out is money well spent.
If your not familiar with 7.3s,I'd say for a 50, it's worth having it checked over. These are fairly simple machines, generally.
You can probably get steel braided lines made for cheaper rather than buying from Ford.
Umm, 40-50 for a Parker setup, tops. If you deal with parker, ask your guy about 90 series hose and fittings. Maybe it was 91 series, been a couple years, lol. It's 450* rated, 2500 psi operating pressure, ss braided line. With a 5x burst pressure, it'll be fine.
You'll need the fittings for the heads and pump to swap over to the jic style fittings, as well. #6 orb x#6 jic at the pump, and #5 orb x #6 jic at the heads.
If it's easier, I believe riff raff sells the lines, which come with the jic connections.

Attachments

• 14902305269781681227412.jpg
    14902305269781681227412.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 1490230591552321546792.jpg
    1490230591552321546792.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 149023061653831201230.jpg
    149023061653831201230.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

Atsah

Reaction score
Gotcha, the hpo lines that connect to the hpop. When the o rings go it sends oil through the valley, down the back of the motor normally diagnosed as the rear main leaking. The car lot I bought mine from had the rear main replaced and was gonna have it done again after I test drove it since it was still leaking. Told the mechanic at the shop they used it was the hpo lines and he said "the what?". Anyways could be an easy fix just have to take a light and look at the back side of the hpop and where they connect to the heads, while the motor is running you should see oil if that's what it is. Good luck whichever way you go.

You are correct, that was the issue. I decided to buy the truck and have the Ford garage fix it along with a couple of other things including front brakes, brake lines, oil change, fuel filter change, trans flush and coolant flush and what goes along with it. I offered $7000, he said no so I told him my offer stands until I find something else, he called me two days later and took the 7K.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You are correct, that was the issue. I decided to buy the truck and have the Ford garage fix it along with a couple of other things including front brakes, brake lines, oil change, fuel filter change, trans flush and coolant flush and what goes along with it. I offered $7000, he said no so I told him my offer stands until I find something else, he called me two days later and took the 7K.
nice!!!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online