Returned to stock. Can we start a club that hates this job?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
All the stuff and more in my sig. Returned to stock to trade. ~50 hours of hard labor!!!

Not sure which part I liked the least, but putting the D P F back on would have been high on that list. E G R wasn't fun either.

Easiest: front suspension.

I cannot believe I had 4 long days in this project, but I did. And am only at the halfway point too. Still need to put all this crap back on the new '16 :fustrate:

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Damn, getting that linex out in one piece must have been a bitch! LOL

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
That's the first laugh I've had all day. Thanks.

2 things I left were the lineX and the tinted windows.

It's always the little details that are most important and you can never get back. Tint, bedliner, some paint work, debadging, etc. Really adds up quick

CATDiezel

Reaction score
That's why I don't do things to trucks anymores, other than a simple ****** and a few basic items.... when it's all said and done who gives a crap!!! The garage??? The internet???? Lol....

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Let the mods begin...
Silver II, a '16 F350 is in the house!
20170318_175043Large.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
lol.. that is a beech of a job to go back.. but at least the 16 is gonna be ready

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Wifey had the '15 F150 (aluminum body, new interior) and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed. Even drove a '17 and found it nice, but not nice enough to have to start all over w/ all my aftermarket stuff. Had a few things I'd like to have like adaptive cruise and the full floor in the back, but the other stuff, meh.
Also, she got hit by a deer and the whole repair process was a total PITA and the truck stunk to high heaven for 2 weeks. IMHO it was undriveable it stunk so bad. Even sitting in the garage you could smell it. I just don't think they have worked out the paint process for these new alu bodies yet. They couldn't get the color to match either.

I'm happy w/ the '16

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I just don't think they have worked out the paint process for these new alu bodies yet. They couldn't get the color to match either.

I'm happy w/ the '16

not sure why not.. aluminum body panels have been around for a long while..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

sootie

Reaction score
Paint quality on these new trucks is enough to make you sick

Strokersace

Reaction score
Wifey had the '15 F150 (aluminum body, new interior) and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed. Even drove a '17 and found it nice, but not nice enough to have to start all over w/ all my aftermarket stuff. Had a few things I'd like to have like adaptive cruise and the full floor in the back, but the other stuff, meh.
Also, she got hit by a deer and the whole repair process was a total PITA and the truck stunk to high heaven for 2 weeks. IMHO it was undriveable it stunk so bad. Even sitting in the garage you could smell it. I just don't think they have worked out the paint process for these new alu bodies yet. They couldn't get the color to match either.

I'm happy w/ the '16
So what made it stink? The aluminum body or parts of the dead deer that didn't get cleaned out of it?

Latest posts

Members online