66mm or s366

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
your exactly right about that, in my d66 bellowed up pipes and ebpv ****** parts im almost to what i couldve just spend on a t4, i could put on 3in plenums and utilize the 3" Y and both pipes? i just would rather not have to change my intercooler itself

rusty1161

Reaction score
I guess you can buy the T4 kit and see how much of the 3" plumbing you can utilize. It still seems simpler in my mind to go full T4/SD intercooler than keeping the ATS intercooler. I would think there is a buyer out there for a full bolt in ATS kit, instead of piecing together their own IC setup.

Rusty

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
Id like to try to keep the ats so I don't have to cut up the rust free rad support I just put in last year, but whenever I get around to getting a t4 that's when I'll find out if I could keep it or not, just would like to know if using 2" piping is okay with a t4 style turbo or if it will restrict too much of the flow that the s364.5 would need

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Id like to try to keep the ats so I don't have to cut up the rust free rad support I just put in last year, but whenever I get around to getting a t4 that's when I'll find out if I could keep it or not, just would like to know if using 2" piping is okay with a t4 style turbo or if it will restrict too much of the flow that the s364.5 would need

I would say the 2" piping is going to cut down significantly on the performance gain you can see with the SXE turbo. The turbo flows a lot more air than a stock or D66 turbo. I think it would be well worth your time and effort to just pick up a SD intercooler and 3" plenums so the setup performs like it is supposed to. You can pick up an SD intercooler for pretty cheap, and I believe it is only around $120 for a set of 3" plenums.

I also worry about the fitment when it comes to adapting the 3" intake Y to the 2" plenums. As stated, the intake Y pretty much sits on the plenums.

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
I may have worded that badly, I was referring to getting 3inch plenums and using the 3" intake y and both 3" IC pipes and where each of them meet the lower pipe, adapting them there with a 2-3" adapter boot, then everything up top would be 3", both IC pipes and intake Y and the lower pipes will both be 2", how do you think that would be? Do you think it would restrict it noticeably with just having the lower 2 pipes 2" that attach to the IC?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I didnt realize you had what was commonly known as the D66, in which case do everything you can do to go to the 364.5. Its a day and night difference.

Jkk7_3

Reaction score
Would all the extra air from the 364.5 increase mpg at all, noticeably? I overfuel probobly 40-50% of the time because of the d66

mikeeg02

Reaction score
When I had stock injectors and a 38R, I got my best mileage. (18.5) Though usually 17 range. Went to 238/100s and 38R, and best I got was 16, though usually 15 range. Going to SXE, no other changes, (same tuning) I max at 17-17.5, usually 16.5-17.5. Im a 2001 DRW 6 speed truck. And those are all empty values.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.