Truck won't start after tuner install

fine69

Reaction score
Just installed my H&S Mini Max. Went through the download process, tuner said Download succesful, start engine. I turned the key and nothing happened. What should I do now?

06f3506.0

Reaction score
Idk if it is same on newer trucks but my buddies 7.3 threw a anti theft code and caused no start. We removed battery cables and hooked them back up and it fired rite up idk if is the same though

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
reload the tune... also did you make sure to download the firmware if you are using KEM? you have to download the firmware to the H&S THEN turn it off THEN tune the truck... i would just advise calling mike.. he is awesome to help at any time of day on any issue.

fine69

Reaction score
I havent tried my KEM sd card yet. The instructions that came from KEM said to install the H&S tunes first, then switch to the KEM tunes. This happened after the initial install of my MiniMax. Thanks for the help guys, any other ideas? Should I try disconnecting the batteries?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
ok, I did that and forgot I did.. anyways. return to stock through the mini-maxx and try again. you're stock file will be ok when running the H&S. mike has one when you run the KEM card, but he says for dealership purposes to take his SD card out and use H&S stock file. also read some codes on the mini maxx and post em if you got em.

Sent from my iFun 4

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
and no, the stock file won't be list. but I'd try and return it to stock, see if it starts and idles for 30 seconds or so. then retune and see what happens. I went through a similar problem when did mine. just make sure you don't drive/idle the truck too long with the dpf off in a stock file

Sent from my iFun 4

fine69

Reaction score
I reloaded the stock tune, truck started like normal. So I re-loaded the H&S tune and it worked! I can't wait to try the KEM tunes! Thanks for all the help guys!:toast:

Blazing7

Reaction score
Help!!

Ran my to long on stock stetting without the DPF and got the wrench light. Reloaded the stock tune then reloaded the tune now it randomly throws the alarm code shutting down the truck. Then it will run fine and then randomly throw the alarm code again. Does anyone have a suggestion?

bigblue75

Reaction score
I down loaded h&s mini max and now it wont start. I put it back to stock and it still wont start its a 08 6.4

Latest posts

Members online