Hole to fill in headliner....

MNStroker316

Reaction score
Long story short when I got this EX it looked as if there was an aftermarket dvd system in the headliner that was removed. Trying to figure out if I want to track down a similar unit to just fill the hole (99% sure it would never get used) or maybe make some type of overhead console out of fiber glass. But I'm not sure what purpose it would serve, cause you can't see it from the front seat.
Anyone have some input? Whether it's ideas or the type of dvd unit to look for ?
Thanks
61a2e9f4e4b269f8aceb16049aa0a353.jpg
2648ca58885c2a418fe668b5f5a191fa.jpg
1da7c80adad9ce5a622c5ab4cfebd9ff.jpg

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'd just re-do the headliner

Excursions are fairly easy because you can take the board right out the back. They're a pain because they're huge.

It'll cost you like $20-30 in materials. ANY fabric store on earth will have gray headliner material. That and a can of Scotch Super77 spray adhesive, and you're in business.

MNStroker316

Reaction score
I'd just re-do the headliner

Excursions are fairly easy because you can take the board right out the back. They're a pain because they're huge.

It'll cost you like $20-30 in materials. ANY fabric store on earth will have gray headliner material. That and a can of Scotch Super77 spray adhesive, and you're in business.

you're saying just leave the hole in the foam but put a whole new piece of fabric on the headliner ? That's a possibility... Don't think the fabric will sag where the hole in the foam is?
I didn't think about how easy it would come out the back, I just remember taking one out of a pickup before and it sucked.

One option that was thrown out to me is make a custom console to hold an iPad, sadly that's probably out of budget, cool idea tho.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I don't think it'll sag at the hole. you'll be removing the existing material and going down to the backing board, and re-laying new material. it's a foam type material, so it shouldn't sag too much at that hole IMO

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you remove the headliner, glue a piece of cardboard or something in the hole and support it with something on the back side if you are worried about the material sagging.

joe d

Reaction score
Pull headliner go get cloth and run to the crafts store buy a 2$ pice of foam shape it to your likening glue it to base then put fabric over top and put back into truck.

Latest posts

Members online