Billet stealth hpop leaking

Reaction score
I have a billet stealth hpop and it's seeping oil out of the rear cover,otherwise it's working great.does anyone on here know how to get ahold of Gary to possibly repair it or any insight on what's needed to disassemble and reseal it,oring sizes and exactly how to get it apart without damaging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kip4234

Reaction score
I feel your pain, I had a stage II billet and loved it until it leaked, of course this was pre SPR1 failure days, I called Gary back in the day and he wanted me to fix it myself almost new pump. He finally agreed to fix it. I got it back and the truck would not start. I called and he said he was afraid of that and to take it back off and send it to him again. I was like what ?? so I do and I get it back and truck starts perfect but now it bucks and shakes and sets the cel light if you floor it. I take it off and send it back and he sends it back to me and I reinstall it and now it wont start. now he trys to tell me my truck is a piece of **** and this is all my problem?? I said my truck was running perfect with the first one and it was just leaking oil. Needless to say that was the end of my Stage II stealth experience.

Reaction score
We went down the same path years ago with pumps.hot starts no starts,leaks but he always took care of it,yes lost lots of labor but that's aftermarket stuff,it's just part of it.this pump has been great the last 6 years besides 2 leaky plugs and now the rear cover.... I'd just like to know how it comes apart and what orings I need to get and I'll do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwunter

Reaction score
Ja Cain posted a link to a site that had a step by step breakdown of an hpop. PM him or look through the 7.3 section here for it. It was pretty informative and should help you out. I couldn't find it and I'm in a hurry. I'll look later.

superpsd

Reaction score
There is not too much to a hpop. It's just a axial piston pump. Just tear it down one clip at a time. Take pictures along the way and take note of how things are faced and indexed. You will likely have to pull it apart to figure out what seals are needed as likely only Gary knows as that pump is not a stock housing pump. Or track down Gary to whatever mountainside or hole he is hiding in. Or step 3 buy a hpop from someone who is still in business and sell the billet pump for parts? If you decide to tear the rear cover off share the pictures as you go here and a few of us may be able to give out helpful tips.

Last edited:

fyrehose

Reaction score
I also have a stage I that has been leaking at the rear. I returned it to Gary a few years ago but it is leaking again. I would also like to know if there is anyone out there who can repair it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Dynoproven can turn it into their upgraded pump. Considering they're probably the same thing they'll probably just reseal the rear cover, slap their sticker on it and send it back. Or you can try resealing it yourself. Should be fairly simple.

emev0l

Reaction score
Dynoproven can turn it into their upgraded pump. Considering they're probably the same thing they'll probably just reseal the rear cover, slap their sticker on it and send it back. Or you can try resealing it yourself. Should be fairly simple.

I know they do that with SRP's but they also do that with billet pumps?

m j

Reaction score
I also have a stage I that has been leaking at the rear. I returned it to Gary a few years ago but it is leaking again. I would also like to know if there is anyone out there who can repair it.

so you are incapable of changing an o ring on the rear cover?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
so you are incapable of changing an o ring on the rear cover?

He might not be. Or he may just be nervous about opening up a 2k piece of machinery that he has no experience with.

We are not all amazing hpop repair geniuses like this F*cking Azz Clown.

In case you were confused, here is how you should have replied to be helpful and not just a prick.

"It is not that hard to change the rear cover o-ring. Here is a brief walk through. (Insert procedure here)

If you have any issues or questions, feel free to ask or shoot me a pm"

I am getting tired of always reading about you putting people down or saying how amazing you are and they are incapable.

Site would be better off without people like you.

TyCorr

Reaction score
He might not be. Or he may just be nervous about opening up a 2k piece of machinery that he has no experience with.

In case you were confused, here is how you should have replied to be helpful and not just a prick.

"It is not that hard to change the rear cover o-ring. Here is a brief walk through. (Insert procedure here)

I am getting tired of always reading about you putting people down or saying how amazing you are and they are incapable.

Yea. Hes a dingdikk. I blocked him because i dont repair srp's. And he also thinks im required to. Oh, and that im responsiblefor things he misdiagnosed on his wore out ass obs.

m j

Reaction score
I am anxious to see the (Insert procedure here) part so go on....

I am going to say this forum needs less **** talkers that cant turn a wrench like the two posters above this, but thats just my opinion.

from the google search image I found it looks like the rear cover unbolts.
I would pull the pump, and see it the cover comes off when the bolts are removed.
I would bet its a simlpe Oring like the stocker but larger as it has a larger cylinder assembly
the srp version uses a common -140 oring , I would replace it with a viton

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

agreed!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

rusty1161

Reaction score

This!

Rusty

Reaction score

Dynoproven does not turn billet stealth pumps into their upgraded pumps. They can do that with an srp, but the billet pump is a custom housing. But it is possible they could get an o-ring for the cover. I gave them my billet stealth after Gary refused to fix it. They have my pump torn apart to go off of.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I am anxious to see the (Insert procedure here) part so go on....

I am going to say this forum needs less **** talkers that cant turn a wrench like the two posters above this, but thats just my opinion.

from the google search image I found it looks like the rear cover unbolts.
I would pull the pump, and see it the cover comes off when the bolts are removed.
I would bet its a simlpe Oring like the stocker but larger as it has a larger cylinder assembly
the srp version uses a common -140 oring , I would replace it with a viton

Your right on the fact that I was talking sh*t on you. Your a know-it all that never contributes anything that is actually helpful. Well I guess I can not say that you have never contributed anything as the second part of your statement above could actually help.

I still say your a know-it all azz though and the forum would be better off without you, but that is just my opinion.

Arisley

Reaction score
I agree with your opinion Vader. Part of me wants to give him a vacation. The other part (the one that thinks) wants to wait and see what happens next.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nobody I like, likes him. And in his infinite wisdom and critiquing of the ability of people to wrench, he has been trying to build a motor for over two years. Take his jabber as you must.

His issue with me lies in him misdiagnosing his own junk and then creating a vendetta in his head about how I caused the sky to fall around him by giving him bad adbice that an srp is a junky product LOL

Ive had 9 of them fail in the same manner now. Two in my oen truck so I couldnt care less how he feels about my life. Hes a dipshti. End. Of. Story. Vader called it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I agree with your opinion Vader. Part of me wants to give him a vacation. The other part (the one that thinks) wants to wait and see what happens next.
thanks for checking in sir!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

m j

Reaction score

I bet Vader continues to add nothing to the thread...same as he accused me of... how much you wanna go for?

Latest posts

Members online