Folding mirror motor

Bnewman1

Reaction score
The folding mirror motor on my drivers side has stopped working. Rather than spend big money for a entire new mirror, I'm wondering if it's possible to just replace the folding motor?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Last I checked the only parts that can be bought for the mirrors are the glass and the mirror caps. Everything else you just get to be bent over by ford and replace the whole mirror.

Bnewman1

Reaction score
Last I checked the only parts that can be bought for the mirrors are the glass and the mirror caps. Everything else you just get to be bent over by ford and replace the whole mirror.

That's what I was finding. I wondering if the folding motor is the same in all versions? I'm thinking a donor folding mirror that doesn't have power telescoping will be cheaper

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
That's what I was finding. I wondering if the folding motor is the same in all versions? I'm thinking a donor folding mirror that doesn't have power telescoping will be cheaper
The power folding mirrors are avaiable in aftermarket,for less,if you don't want to spend on OE.

Bnewman1

Reaction score
The power folding mirrors are avaiable in aftermarket,for less,if you don't want to spend on OE.

According to 1aAuto, because my mirrors are power fold, power telescope, and have the memory function, they only sell them as a pair for $780. If the power fold/power telescope without memory would work for my truck, I'd go that route. I can't seem to confirm whether there's a difference in the wiring harness with the memory function.

1ATony

Reaction score
According to 1aAuto, because my mirrors are power fold, power telescope, and have the memory function, they only sell them as a pair for $780. If the power fold/power telescope without memory would work for my truck, I'd go that route. I can't seem to confirm whether there's a difference in the wiring harness with the memory function.

If all of your factory functions match our tow mirrors features, they would be a direct plug and play replacement for you.

You can retain all of the factory switches.

Tony

Latest posts

Members online