2015 vs 2017 F350 Questions

mtylerb

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new here and just wondering if any of you have any input on a couple questions. I just traded my 2015 F350 Lariat SRW in on a new 2017 F350 Platinum DRW.

1) My old truck had the 12V power points on at all times (unless the drain on the battery was too high then it would shut itself off). My new truck, however, seems like all the power points shut off with the ignition. The truck is a push-to-start and I've never owned anything similar before. Anyone know if this is normal? Anyway to make the power points closer to the previous generation? I'd like to have my dash cam powered at all times.

2) I've found the upfitter switch wires under the relay box under the hood. However, I can't find any pass through wires into the cab. I'd like to have my cell booster attached to the upfitter switches. Am I missing something?

Appreciate any insight you can provide.

EDIT: BTW, not sure if it's relevant, but I'm in Alberta, Canada.

Spatel23

Reaction score
You can adjust the timeout of your 12v outlets via Forescan. Youll have to buy the bluetooth dongle from Amazon and download the free software.
This is copied from another one of our members here. Very helpful

Below is a link to a spreadsheet to record features that can be modified in the Super Duty via the FORScan software. Each row provides information on what can be changed and how to change it. The spreadsheet is read-only and will be updated with new features as they are discovered. This thread can be used to discuss and test new mods.

DISCLAIMER: This information is provided for enthusiasts who are willing to experiment and test on their personal vehicles. There is no guarantee that any of these items will work in any particular truck and may have negative or unintended consequences. If you choose to make any modifications to your truck you do so at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Three steps for downloading, installing and activating the FORScan software:

1. Register on the Forum: FORScan forum ? User Control Panel ? Register
2. Download and install FORScan for Windows. Must be run on a Microsoft Windows PC or tablet that has Bluetooth connectivity. This can be run on an Apple computer if run in Bootcamp mode. Copy the Hardware ID (found in FORScan software under the steering wheel with a question mark icon). Download FORScan
3. Generate the Extended License (free) using the previously copied Hardware ID. FORScan forum ? Login

At this point you are registered on the forum and your copy of the FORScan software is activated.

Connecting FORScan to the truck:

The FORScan software connects to the truck's computer modules via a Bluetooth OBDII connector. There are many connectors available and some work properly and others don't. The following is proven to work in all cases. Search "OBDLink MX Bluetooth" on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The final step is to plug in the adapter into the truck's OBDII port and select the OBDII adapter in the FORScan software under Settings (the gear icon) and the Connection tab. Once selected, press the Vehicle Interface and Information icon (the auto with the exclamation point) button and FORScan will begin scanning all available modules. Wait until complete and you're ready to go.

The upfitter wires are bundled together on the drivers side of the engine bay near the battery. Check this link for more info.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q-252.pdf

mtylerb

Reaction score
Thanks Spatel, I was hoping I could do it without the FORScan tool. Not that it's a bad idea. Do you know if this will void the warranty? I think I might buy it anyway. Is this something the dealer can adjust?

Spatel23

Reaction score
I'm 99.9% sure the warranty is not effected at all.

I'm not sure a dealer would even know how to make these changes, and if they did I highly doubt they would

cbenn47

Reaction score
Spartel23
Does FORScan support 2017 models, I used it on my 16 with no issues, added *** screen etc. just wasn't sure if 17 were supported.
Thanks in advance

Mts678

Reaction score
saweet!!! Can't wait to make some changes, 1st change is to turn off the damn double horn honk when you shut the door with the truck running..that one grinds my gears! Anybody activated the auto unfold/fold of the tow mirrors yet? I'd like to have that one activated.. New to this forscan stuff, just registered. I'll post back once I mess with it and figure out how to activate these changes.

Mts678

Reaction score
I would love to shut off that damn double honk ... and auto fold mirrors would be pretty sweet too.

I got the forscan program and Bluetooth adapter. Got the double horn honk off! It's sooo nice.

mtylerb

Reaction score
Just thought I'd report back. Got forscan up and running. Removed the double honk, turned the power point timer off and am going to do the autofold mirror thing. I love it!

Mts678

Reaction score
I really want to do the auto fold! Let us know how that works out please

mtylerb

Reaction score
I really want to do the auto fold! Let us know how that works out please

I'll let you know when I get home in a week. The original OBDII->USB adapter didn't see all the modules and I had to order the Bluetooth version. It didn't arrive until I was off to camp for work. I'll see if I can't make a video of the two versions (standard and Lincoln style).

mtylerb

Reaction score
Have to have windows to open the spreadsheet? Does forscan work on 15's?

Yes, not entirely sure what all options are available since I traded in the 15 before I found Forscan, but I've seen discussion on the topic. I was able to scan modules on my brother's 2010 F150, as well. The options are limited in the earlier years, but there's options available.

Just make sure you either buy an OBDII adapter that has the selector switch for HSCAN as well as MSCAN or buy the Bluetooth MX one (link to the Amazon Canada one I bought). The others cannot see all the modules, especially in the older vehicles.

I believe the Bluetooth one is the better option since the selector switch is a bit of a hack. I cannot speak as to whether or not it will see all the modules the Bluetooth one can see.

Izzybird

Reaction score

mtylerb

Reaction score

PAYNE5757

Reaction score
I made this exact post almost. Been reading up on FORScan since and awaiting a new power cable for my laptop(kids broke it the day before I learned about FORScan lol).

Latest posts

Members online