A or B Code Rear Super Duty Leafs?

freddie

Reaction score
Well, I can get A codes for half the price of B codes, and in general A codes seem more readily available. This is for the rear of my CCSB.

I will have air bags in the rear to account for tongue weight when hauling.

Thoughts? Are the A codes too soft?

Bluke

Reaction score
I would say A codes. The obs is lighter than the superduty. It should ride pretty good. You do have airbags so no worries on sag. There is a guy over on the .org that has A codes and he loves them.

freddie

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. Are A codes available with the "auxiliary springs".

gnxtc2

Reaction score
How heavy are you towing?

I went from "F" codes to "C" codes (SD Dually spring) and rides great. I also have air bags. The biggest difference was going from the Bilstein 5100 Series shocks to Fox 2.0s. I tow an enclosed GN trailer.

Billy T.
[email protected]

freddie

Reaction score
I'd say maybe 10k pounds max typically.

I think I want to avoid the C codes, they just seem too heavy. With C codes, why should I even bother changing from my OBS springs? I visited 2 yards yesterday that had B codes listed on Car-part.com. There had been confusion, because they all say that they have the B codes, but when I press them, multiple yards have made the statement that as long as I replace in pairs that it doesn't matter what code they are. I have argued that and at this point, pretty much want to see the door code myself before buying.

You are killing me with the talk about Fox 2.0s, and your advice is bad for my wallet Billy. Haha! Once I get the right springs installed, and maybe injectors, then my next purchase will be the shocks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online