Lift size and tire fitment!? Need help.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Could use some help guys. I'm building my truck up with a bunch of parts but am unsure of my current lift height to set my carrier bearing drop.

Ok guys . Truck is an 04 CCLB. The truck has a hybrid of PMF parts. Unknown dual shock hoops with bilstein resi's all around, unknown leafs (no part numbers), PMF cross over steering, PMF carrier drop, I just installed PMF 6" traction blocks for a 2" lift over what it was. On 40" toyo M/T tires I am currently sitting at 74" from ground to center wheel well. Any ideas of current lift height to give me an idea where to set carrier. I have moved it about 10 different times and no luck losing the shimmy.

Now for the tire question. I am wanting to get new rims and tires as I am tired of looking at the truck on 20's. All of my past trucks have had 22's including my RCSB. So I was thinking about going bigger rim but I am also wanting to run a 400/80r/24 which equates to roughly a 49.2" tire. How much more height is needed to do so? Or any other options for tires sizes that are bigger than a 40 in either a 22 or a 24" rim.

I know military tires run in 42and 46" but i really would like a larger rim that a 20. I also have a PMF 5" lift hanger kit for the front which should give me 2-2.5" more lift in the front. HELP APPRECIATED!

Latest posts

Members online