hpop decisions

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Not to start a new battle of the hpop. Just want to know a good reliable pump that supports my mods good? Im running stage 2 splits from swamps, swamps custom tunes for the splits, ww2 with 360 rebuilt stock turbo, 4 inch dp to 5 inch straight, dieselsite boost fooler, riffraff fuel crossover, dieselsites oil crossover, hutch and harpoon mods, Donaldson filter. Stock tranny but bts soon.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Thanks was looking into some and it seems some provide way more oil then I'll ever need. I'm about at my hp goal as I have the pmr engine so don't need anything to radical just good oil even at wot and good longevity.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thanks was looking into some and it seems some provide way more oil then I'll ever need. I'm about at my hp goal as I have the pmr engine so don't need anything to radical just good oil even at wot and good longevity.

The adrenaline.....there used to be many options that were good. Joey who owns terminator built a t500 but he seems to be in business but having troubles. Stealth is caput.

I personally would do everything in my power to make a good rexroth (Bosch) pump work. 200k mile reliability anda fair amount of oil

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread here but how do you like those split shots and just curious why you went that route?

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
The adrenaline.....there used to be many options that were good. Joey who owns terminator built a t500 but he seems to be in business but having troubles. Stealth is caput.

I personally would do everything in my power to make a good rexroth (Bosch) pump work. 200k mile reliability anda fair amount of oil
I think the adrenaline will be it. I like the stock pumps reliability and wish they would feed these splits plenty of oil but I'm hea ring it won't keep up at full throttle.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread here but how do you like those split shots and just curious why you went that route?
I went this route as I couldn't have the downtime to send my ts6 in for a reburn for singles. Also like the fact that they will run even on stock programming if the chip should take a crap till I got another. I have a ts sent in to Swamps now to get the proper tunes burnt this week coming up so running on stock tuning now and I can feel even the difference in power. My old ones were at 250k so they were wore out pretty much so not much to compare to. The hpop will be next as its also stock with those miles on it. I'm sure with the new hpop and proper tunes I'll be smiling lol. Already have a new ipr and icp ready as I haven't done them n 7 years either.
I like to head off problems before they happen down the road somewhere as I'm always taking a trip somewhere.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whats the difference in a stock injector and a stg 2 split shot?

I know stg1 is usually a stocker with a 30% nozzle.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I think stockers are 140's and his are 160's with bigger nozzles? So im guessing 400ish hp?

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I believe 160's with 30 over nozzles. I checked the sheets they gave me with them but can't find any specifics but Swamps did say there 30 over nozzles for sure.

mandkole

Reaction score
if 160-170cc is what's available, then 350-375 seems possible if everything is running well. Im not aware of what impact that pilot shot has on the usable output. Even approaching that level, its plenty to tear up a stock transmission in a few hard, full power pulls.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Bts is definatly on my top of the list after the body is done as the bed and tailgate is completely done now just to get the front done and put on the new bed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
An ad injector will do 375 with a 30% nozzle provided the icp is plentiful.

fords4life

Reaction score
The adrenaline.....there used to be many options that were good. Joey who owns terminator built a t500 but he seems to be in business but having troubles.

Intermittently....id not order simething and be surprised if its late or screwed up.

Are you speaking from personal experience or from a couple of the people who spread the same BS on Facebook about Joey's pumps so they can sell their own?

Joey is far from having troubles and has several stocking dealers around the country. He does build pumps as a side business and runs a dairy and almond farm daily. The only problems he's ever had with pumps are incorrect installations(usually a drive gear that isn't torqued properly) and people spreading lies. I've personally seen a couple people lately complain about a T500 not keeping up with their injectors and come to find out they bought a used modded 17* pump from someone, not a T500.

dsberman94

Reaction score
2e23d09db5c284b193ffe4ed45f0f933.jpg
keeps up with 175/80s just fine. Could probably go a bit bigger with no issues too

TyCorr

Reaction score
Are you speaking from personal experience or from a couple of the people who spread the same BS on Facebook about Joey's pumps so they can sell their own?

Joey is far from having troubles and has several stocking dealers around the country. He does build pumps as a side business and runs a dairy and almond farm daily. The only problems he's ever had with pumps are incorrect installations(usually a drive gear that isn't torqued properly) and people spreading lies. I've personally seen a couple people lately complain about a T500 not keeping up with their injectors and come to find out they bought a used modded 17* pump from someone, not a T500.

I didnt say his pumps had problems. He was having problems according to him. I didnt ask what. Others said there were family problems. There were several people/threads asking what was going on with him and some long times for repair.

I have nothing bad to say about him. I used a t500 for a few months and it worked great for me. It was removed for various reasons none of which were related to function or quality.

Im not on fb so no comment there.

Latest posts

Members online