Whine through speakers, only 4-5 gear

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
Truck is on a full weight loss program. Livewire tuning with No Limit. Truck has 230,xxx on the clock but this noise only started within the last 5k miles. Sounds like electronic interference that I had on an old Chevy gasser I had in high school. The only thing I've done to this truck is add Fosgate speakers all around on factory amp but that's been 100k miles ago. What's odd to me is that it only happens in 4th and 5th gear. Doesn't matter if the nav radio is on or not. Looking for some help.

Jomax

Reaction score
Truck is on a full weight loss program. Livewire tuning with No Limit. Truck has 230,xxx on the clock but this noise only started within the last 5k miles. Sounds like electronic interference that I had on an old Chevy gasser I had in high school. The only thing I've done to this truck is add Fosgate speakers all around on factory amp but that's been 100k miles ago. What's odd to me is that it only happens in 4th and 5th gear. Doesn't matter if the nav radio is on or not. Looking for some help.

Do you have HIDs or any aftermarket off-road lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
is it possible that solenoids in trans can produce feedback/interference?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
I do have HIDs that have been installed for over 100k miles. Still fully functional. I could disconnect tomorrow during the day to eliminate them as the culprit if that's it. I was wondering the same thing in regards to the transmission solenoids. I think the 2011-12 models had TSBs regarding the trans if I remember right. Maybe not.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.