Lo pressure fuel pump

Spindrift

Reaction score
I've been following another thread regarding the whining noise that is coming from the engine mounted, secondary fuel filter. Mine is coming from the LPFP which is mounted on the frame rail. Very surprised to see this thing fail at 90K but I guess it could be worse. Nothing I've done, including replacement of the filter and reseating the filter housing has helped with the whine. At this point, I suppose I can call it a day and replace the pump. Just for ****z and giggles I went onto the Rock Auto web site and found the OEM pump at $222 and a Carter replacement at $540. That's a pretty wide spread, especially when Carter advertises, "equal to, or better than OEM".

I use the truck almost exclusively to tow. Are there aftermarket alternatives that would be a better choice, or do I stick with the OEM pump from one of our sponsoring vendors?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I've been following another thread regarding the whining noise that is coming from the engine mounted, secondary fuel filter. Mine is coming from the LPFP which is mounted on the frame rail. Very surprised to see this thing fail at 90K but I guess it could be worse. Nothing I've done, including replacement of the filter and reseating the filter housing has helped with the whine. At this point, I suppose I can call it a day and replace the pump. Just for ****z and giggles I went onto the Rock Auto web site and found the OEM pump at $222 and a Carter replacement at $540. That's a pretty wide spread, especially when Carter advertises, "equal to, or better than OEM".

I use the truck almost exclusively to tow. Are there aftermarket alternatives that would be a better choice, or do I stick with the OEM pump from one of our sponsoring vendors?
Just go back with OEM,I get mine from ALLSTATE FORD ,here in Louisville for around $279,if i remember correctly.Takes all of 30 minutes to replace!Get from a dealer,because you get a 2 year unlimited warranty from Ford.Beats having to send it Back to Rock Auto,if you have an issue.

Last edited:

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
is it more reliable than the stocker mike? or just a better all around setup?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
What do you think the answer is going to be?Mike sells the H&S.LOL.A little common sense and street smarts,goes a long way today.....The OP uses his vehicle exclusively to tow,Nothing like breaking down,away from home,and trying to find a H&S ,while you are stranded.Much easier to Get a OEM,if you truck is fairly stock.BTW,alot of higher tuned trucks,use the Stock LPFP.

Last edited:

Spindrift

Reaction score
I replaced it with a standard replacement pump manufactured by Airtex. No more whine. And by gawd, I swear the truck is faster. :lookaround:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I replaced it with a standard replacement pump manufactured by Airtex. No more whine. And by gawd, I swear the truck is faster. :lookaround:
good luck with airtex.. unless something has changed in that brand, it will crap out faster then oem

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online