What Do You Guys Think This Truck Is Worth?

Atsah

Reaction score
I looked it over really well today, F-550, 120K on the clock, the oil pan was replaced last spring, everything works as is should, I'm looking for something to put 4-6K miles on a year plowing and sanding and I don't want to spend more than 10 grand.

He told me to make an offer, he is asking $9500, It's the cleanest one I have seen to date with a 7.3 in it.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/6020867276.html

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'd ask who replaced the oil pan and if they pulled the motor to do it. That's what I'd be most concerned with. Then I'd ask who did the paint and how long ago, just to learn as much about it as possible.

Atsah

Reaction score
Yup is was a state truck by the looks of it and that does concern me.

psduser1

Reaction score
It comes with the dump bed and plow? Both are in good/serviceable condition?
If so, I'd bite at 8-9k, assuming it's not full of cancer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ask to start it when it is a stone cold motor not even cranked over to pre prime the system.. make a plan to meet at a certain time and show up an hr early just to make sure it isn't cranked on and ask for oil change history if possible.
It comes with the dump bed and plow? Both are in good/serviceable condition?
If so, I'd bite at 8-9k, assuming it's not full of cancer.
even with cancer and if the frame was in good shape with no cancer then it is worth it..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
$1k plow, $2k-4k for that sander, 6k for a decent low mile f550 7.3 as long as it checks out..

live life full throttle

ToMang07

Reaction score

I'd check fluids closely and ask about maintenance, but if the plow/sander works that's a good deal IMO Mark!

Although it might not be useful for much in FL. Except maybe protesters.

Atsah

Reaction score
I'd check fluids closely and ask about maintenance, but if the plow/sander works that's a good deal IMO Mark!

Although it might not be useful for much in FL. Except maybe protesters.

LOL

If I do move it's going to be at least a couple of years.

To the rest of the posts, all good points, I'm going to investigate further. The plow is probably worth $2500, the sander isn't the best one, it's pretty loud and I think the motor needs replacement, it might be worth $1500.

The guy is a nice guy so I will spend some time this week looking into this truck, the last thing I need is a POS.

psduser1

Reaction score
Parts are cheap, Mark.
4-6k miles a year, and you can handle snow, it's probably a decent deal. If the sander is 1000 even, you've still got a fine woodhauler with the bed, lol. I'd say at 8k, you'll make money, possibly even at 9k.
Assuming you don't need to repair a bunch of dumbs!!t.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Parts are cheap, Mark.
4-6k miles a year, and you can handle snow, it's probably a decent deal. If the sander is 1000 even, you've still got a fine woodhauler with the bed, lol. I'd say at 8k, you'll make money, possibly even at 9k.
110% agreed

live life full throttle

Atsah

Reaction score
Parts are cheap, Mark.

Thanks guys for your help, I agree, if I think all is good with it I think I will offer $8500 and see what happens, I have seen it at this place for 4 month's now, as soon as people see the door jamb paint I think they get scared.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your help, I agree, if I think all is good with it I think I will offer $8500 and see what happens, I have seen it at this place for 4 month's now, as soon as people see the door jamb paint I think they get scared.
start lower then that. worst he can say is no. tell him 8k cash(if you feel comfortable with 8k cash in hand) and hold out for a few min.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.