No Crank after tuner/exhaust and No Limit CAI install

MattDavis

Reaction score
Alright so Saturday install my mini maxx, flopro and no limit CAI truck starts fine and love it.

Dumbass leaves tuner on all night, truck won't start.

Jump truck and it starts.

Go eat breakfast truck starts.

Go shopping truck doesn't start.

Jump the starter from the hot terminal and it's starts fine.

I now have to do this Everytime.

Called No Limit and they said to try turning the truck to stock and then re installing the tune.

Did that and no change.

What say you???

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
sounds alot like a pats issue. voltage fluctuation wreaks havoc with pats . pats is the passive anti theft security feature on the vehicle .

MattDavis

Reaction score
It's not flashing with the key turned on or trying to start.

Blinks fours times when turned back to off

MattDavis

Reaction score
When in the on position, it stays solid for about three seconds than goes away.

Last edited:

faulk222

Reaction score
Ok just a stupid question did you tune for no egr because I know mine went to starter lockout when I went back to stock one day testing something out

MattDavis

Reaction score
Someone tell me if I'm wrong here,

I can't get over the chance it might be bad batteries. Just seemed strange that it was dead and I jumped off of my wife's car with no issues. It started fine once after that than went to crap.

So is there a chance it could be batteries even though I can jump the starter and both batteries are reading around 12.5

faulk222

Reaction score
I would try to reload tunes I know if the egr temp sensor I believe it is is active and not plugged in then the truck will start once or twice then go into starter lockout if you wait 30 mins (may be longer but I think it's 30) it will reset and start once again

Sounds alot like what your running in to

MattDavis

Reaction score
I have reloaded the tunes three times now. I've read somewhere that maybe I should have the batteries hooked to a charger when doing it?????

faulk222

Reaction score
That is to keep the power on the ecm if the battery's are good then it shouldn't be an issue but it never hurts when I program mine I just make sure the heater and auto lamps are all turned off

MattDavis

Reaction score
Alright took it back to stock and it still wouldn't fire. Next idea guys please any ideas

bigblue75

Reaction score
turn your key to run then go to the right side batt there is a round plug there disconnect and use a 12 or 10 gauge wire and go to the male end of the plug and touch it to the pos.side of the batt. if it starts take for about a 5 mile ride to reset the key

Latest posts

Members online