Up Pipe Removal

Diabolic

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering the bellowed Riffraff kit here in the very near future. I had my turbo off this morning for a rebuild and just for the heck of it....I tried to get to and loosen the up pipe bolts at the turbo flange. These things are rusted on tight. I sprayed everything with PB Blaster, and will continue to do so on a regular basis until I actually tackle the job. So my question is:
What's the easiest way to get the passenger bolts loose up top? I didn't have much room from up above, and didn't see any good angles from below.

superpsd

Reaction score
Might look at the one piece up pipe kit so you don't have to screw with the up pipe bolts. My up pipedoughnut was toast collector pulled right off the driver side pipe without removing or loosening a bolt.

Optimator82

Reaction score
I have the Riff Raff bellowed up pipes on my truck and I wasn't really concerned with trying to save my stock ones and wanted to save myself some headache of trying to get at the top bolts going into the turbo flange so I just took a sawzall and cut my stock up pipes at the top near turbo flange.

Diabolic

Reaction score
Yeah I may just sawzall the top off. I'm worried about getting the bolts out of the manifold.

Latest posts

Members online