returned to stock, 2mi and I get P20e8 code

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Looking it up this says the reductant tank assy.

WTF? Seriously? Any way to fix this myself or is it 'spend a bunch of money'

Or can I clear the code with the MM and it'll settle in on itself?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
well shoot, now the minimax isn't working. All plugged in, turn the key on, it establishes communication. I scroll down and get into the DTC menu, select engine, but then all it does is say 'establishing communication with vehicle' Been on that screen for 5 minutes.

????

redneck1

Reaction score
Sounds like a def pump, know about the whole assembly. But fill it with def and drive or high idle if it makes you. I've seen this going going back to stock.

KCCO

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I put a little def in there, cleared the code w/ the aftermarket stereo (MM wouldn't read codes for some reason) and drove it to the detail shop (get the fender flair scrub marks off.) Didn't come back.

Hopefully it will stay gone. Hope, hope, hope. Even talked nice to the truck and asked it not to be bad.

redneck1

Reaction score
Def is cheap compared to being idle only mode! It shouldn't come back as long as there's def in it.

KCCO

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Hmm, fill w/ DEF. You thinking diluting the stuff that's been in there for 4yrs might help? Makes sense.

The dealer where I'm trading it is 3hr away too. I for sure don't want to get stranded on my way.

How many miles should I get before the code comes back if it is a serious mechanical issue?

ckrueg

Reaction score
well shoot, now the minimax isn't working. All plugged in, turn the key on, it establishes communication. I scroll down and get into the DTC menu, select engine, but then all it does is say 'establishing communication with vehicle' Been on that screen for 5 minutes.

????

did you recently update the minimax? I've heard that the updater was messed up and it has bricked a bunch of minimaxes.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
did you recently update the minimax? I've heard that the updater was messed up and it has bricked a bunch of minimaxes.

no.

Saw that thread too.

MM just wouldn't read the DTCs. It seemed to 'return to stock' ok.

Used the aftermarket Stereo to clear the code, hopefully it won't come back.

redneck1

Reaction score
That code popped up on my brother in laws truck that was going back to stock. Filled it up code went away and hasn't returned but I never seem to have that luck, lol!

KCCO

TrickTruck

Reaction score
No, the stereo has been a POS for a long time.

Code keeps popping up, did fill it w/ d e f

Seems to take two key cycles to trip the code. Anything I can do?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online