Glyptal insulator paint for repairs and restoration

Dave_Nevada

Reaction score
About Glyptal

Glyptal is the preferred insulator paint for high voltage transformer cases by your local power company. It’s some of the very toughest insulator paint you can buy. If you want it, you’ll have to pay extra Haz-Mat shipping charges ($27.50) to get it shipped to you.

And for heaven’s sake, don’t whine about the cost, it’s worth every penny they charge. :pointlaugh:

There’s nothing out there like it. It’s tough as nails and it really works well. Name me the toughest paint you can find and it will top it in performance.

The military uses it extensively in their combat vehicles and ships, and I use it for high performance engine rebuilds in lifter valleys, interior engine parts, inside toploader transmissions, etc. :biggun:

It’s impervious to acids, rust, heat, etc. BTW- this also happens to be the stuff used to paint the Golden Gate Bridge. That’s why the bridge is actually red oxide in color.

The draw back: it’s not cheap (about $41 a gallon), and it takes days for it to dry in moderate weather. Oh, and since it is an alkyd base (Lead), don’t use it for a jelly or spread on your sandwiches if your feet are in California. unless you want an appendage growing from your ear. We all know strange cancers only occur in Cali. HAHA. :bs:

You can get it here.
https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/...MI6dS_vP3X2AIVxVcNCh3OdwfIEAYYASABEgJ0RfD_BwE

Zmann

Reaction score
Interesting paint . never heard of it before your mention, Thanks

Your bridge comment got me curious

for one if the paint is so good then why did I recall reading they were always repainting the bridge ?

looks like back on day 1 they didn't remove the mill scale.

the second question I had if the paint has lead how the hell did they get it approved for the Bridge in cali ? that ? i couldn't verify

here is some more cool paint info http://goldengatebridge.org/research/factsGGBIntOrngPaint.php

Last edited:

Dave_Nevada

Reaction score

for one if the paint is so good then why did I recall reading they were always repainting the bridge ?

the second question I had if the paint has lead how the hell did they get it approved for the Bridge in cali ? that ? i couldn't verify

here is some more cool paint info http://goldengatebridge.org/research/factsGGBIntOrngPaint.php

The Cali Commies in Sacramento can do anything they want. Or didn't you notice that?

Secondly, the painting routine for that bridge is when they finish one side, they start back on the other. Obviously you haven't considered the way Unions work hand in hand with 'gubmint' contracts, have you? Ever hear of 'make work programs"? WPA, CCC?

That's got zero to do with scale, rust etc.

It's the Federal EPA that regulates use of paints according to VOC and if it were illegal to have this in California for use, tell me, why can you order it?

None of these have a dang thing to do with the performance of the paint for restoration purposes in anywhere of the world. Go to any shipyard and see what they are using to paint the hulls. It sure as hell isn't latex.

Since I've used the paint personally, and millions of others in industrial and military applications, I think I'll take my experience with Glyptal over your silly Internet search.

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
I made a simple post with a few interesting observations on the Bridge that you
referenced as a product endorsement

and you have to become all defensive and had ridiculous rebuttals about accusations I never made

maybe you have lead poisoning?

Dave_Nevada

Reaction score
"I made a simple post with a few interesting observations on the Bridge that you
referenced as a product endorsement..."

My goodness. Didn't Mommy hug you lately? Lose your fuzzy wuzzy Teddy Bear pookie pups? Been watching way too many commercials and can't sleep because the NORK's have targeted your house for ground zero with an ICBM loaded with kim-chee?

Lead Poisioning? Amazing!!!

Yeah, That's it. You've nailed it!! Wow!!!

You must be a relative of the Amazing Kreskin, the Uncle of Houdini, the cousin of Gandhi, the love child of the all seeing and knowing Bill Clinton.

For years I have wondered why the black helicopters follow me around, why the voices in my head keep telling me to make nine peanut butter sandwiches at a time, why the GEICO Lizard is really the Devil in disguise (Old hag Nancy Pelosi). :evil

My goodness, I have lead poisoning. Who would have thunk?

You've figured it out!! I FINALLY understand the root cause of all my ills. Thank you so much for that Internet diagnosis Dr. Snopes!

Anything else there Einstein? LOL

Do you actually have something of value to contribute? Or are you secretly the wanna-be hall monitor named Skippy that everyone mocked in high school? :pointlaugh:

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
mfxyRGa.png

Turd-250

Reaction score
hey this looks like a fun thread! hmm what's going on here ... uh-oh!

ZgwIASL.gif

Zmann

Reaction score
"

Do you actually have something of value to contribute?

yes just for you
learn how to use the quote function.
it would make you nonsense easier to follow

and you don't have to suffer thru your problem any longer

Arisley

Reaction score
About Glyptal

Glyptal is the preferred insulator paint for high voltage transformer cases by your local power company. It’s some of the very toughest insulator paint you can buy. If you want it, you’ll have to pay extra Haz-Mat shipping charges ($27.50) to get it shipped to you.

And for heaven’s sake, don’t whine about the cost, it’s worth every penny they charge. :pointlaugh:

There’s nothing out there like it. It’s tough as nails and it really works well. Name me the toughest paint you can find and it will top it in performance.

The military uses it extensively in their combat vehicles and ships, and I use it for high performance engine rebuilds in lifter valleys, interior engine parts, inside toploader transmissions, etc. :biggun:

It’s impervious to acids, rust, heat, etc. BTW- this also happens to be the stuff used to paint the Golden Gate Bridge. That’s why the bridge is actually red oxide in color.

The draw back: it’s not cheap (about $41 a gallon), and it takes days for it to dry in moderate weather. Oh, and since it is an alkyd base (Lead), don’t use it for a jelly or spread on your sandwiches if your feet are in California. unless you want an appendage growing from your ear. We all know strange cancers only occur in Cali. HAHA. :bs:

You can get it here.
https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/...MI6dS_vP3X2AIVxVcNCh3OdwfIEAYYASABEgJ0RfD_BwE

Interesting paint . never heard of it before your mention, Thanks

The Cali Commies in Sacramento can do anything they want. Or didn't you notice that?

Secondly, the painting routine for that bridge is when they finish one side, they start back on the other. Obviously you haven't considered the way Unions work hand in hand with 'gubmint' contracts, have you? Ever hear of 'make work programs"? WPA, CCC?

That's got zero to do with scale, rust etc.

It's the Federal EPA that regulates use of paints according to VOC and if it were illegal to have this in California for use, tell me, why can you order it?

None of these have a dang thing to do with the performance of the paint for restoration purposes in anywhere of the world. Go to any shipyard and see what they are using to paint the hulls. It sure as hell isn't latex.

Since I've used the paint personally, and millions of others in industrial and military applications, I think I'll take my experience with Glyptal over your silly Internet search.

Painting the Golden Gate Bridge is sorta like painting a Warship. It doesn't start or stop, it just is.

No matter how good the paint is, in the harsh conditions of salt air, there is wear and corrosion.

I know that real Battleship Gray paint is some tough stuff. I had an Uncle that was once stationed on the Enterprise, (the aircraft carrier, not the starship), and acquired a couple gallons of it.

Arisley

Reaction score
Oh, and Turd and Mr. Andy, your antics will not be put up with here like on the other site you frequent.

You are welcome here, but keep out of other peoples arguements unless you have something not so smart a$$ to add.

Petro

Reaction score
Oh, and Turd and Mr. Andy, your antics will not be put up with here like on the other site you frequent.

You are welcome here, but keep out of other peoples arguements unless you have something not so smart a$$ to add.

I was hoping a mod was gonna comment on the stupid memes. One of the reasons I like this site, is because it is close to meme free.

Arisley

Reaction score
One smart a$$ remark, like Mr. Andy gave is OK and actually pretty funny. If Turd had kept it to his first post, it would have also been fine.

Zmann and Dave, actually have the start of a pretty good argument here. One I would like to see carried to conclusion.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but what does Glyptal have to do with 7.3 tech?

And why are we talking about paint anyway lol

Did you just feel like talking about random things ?

mr_andy

Reaction score
Can you please ban me so I'll stop getting your junk solicitations every couple weeks?

2015BDstroke

Reaction score
So I’ve used this stuff extensively as a journeyman transformer repairman. It’s really not all that great. The best thing about it is it’s non conductive so it doesn’t cause tracking on transformers and bushings. Other than that it chips fairly easy unless you hit the area with some really abrasive sand paper.

Arisley

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but what does Glyptal have to do with 7.3 tech?

And why are we talking about paint anyway lol

Did you just feel like talking about random things ?

He uses it to paint motors, So you can stretch it to include tech I suppose. It is a kind of a stretch though.

Latest posts

Members online