Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Old 07-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default FORScan Tire Size Adjustment For 37 Inch Tires

I just installed a 2.5" level with 37x12.50R18s and obviously the speedo is way off. Has anyone been able to adjust for a 37 inch tire with FORScan? Ive seen some online calculations for newer F150s to add larger tires like 35s, but wasnt sure if that translates to the 17+ Super Duties. Anyone found a spreadsheet for 2017+ Super Duty for larger tire size changes? If you were able to program for 37s, did you have any check engine lights or lights on after the change? Did it cause any other issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9005.jpg (1.76 MB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9001.jpg (1.40 MB, 62 views)

2017 F350 6.7 PSD XLT, Bronze Fire Metallic CCSB
Old 07-06-2018, 09:08 AM
General
Member's Gallery

it is doable to program for 37s with forscan but you will get a CEL anything over 34". Best way to accomplish correcting your speedo is to get the Hypertech module that goes under the dash. Infinitely adjustable and works flawlessly!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
it is doable to program for 37s with forscan but you will get a CEL anything over 34". Best way to accomplish correcting your speedo is to get the Hypertech module that goes under the dash. Infinitely adjustable and works flawlessly!
Thanks man! Yeah, I HATE having any lights at all on the dash so I guess thats not the right direction for me to go to use FORScan. Have you installed and used the Hypertech before on a 17? Installation instructions look fairly straight forward by removing the instrument cluster. But how do you actually adjust for your specific tire size or dial it in? I tried to look it up, but havent come up with anything yet.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

To “dial it in” you connect to computer via USB port, put in factory tire and gear set then plug in new info in appropriate cells. Install in truck and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

You flexed it any, any rubbing. I have parts a 37’s inbound.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:24 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Over on the 2017 forum @ford-trucks.com someone figured out how to do it with forscan. IIRC they have a spreadsheet that you data in and it tell you what gear ratio you should enter into forscan.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:13 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Nevermind
Old 07-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepersilverado View Post
You flexed it any, any rubbing. I have parts a 37’s inbound.
The tires will rub on the lower control arm on both sides, but only at full lock. Other than that, have not had any other rub areas happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Over on the 2017 forum @ford-trucks.com someone figured out how to do it with forscan. IIRC they have a spreadsheet that you data in and it tell you what gear ratio you should enter into forscan.
Right, but as Sootie mentioned, there will be a check engine light on when exceeding the factory tire sizes. I really dont want any lights on, so Ill probably have to go a different route.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltPowerStrokeTough View Post
The tires will rub on the lower control arm on both sides, but only at full lock. Other than that, have not had any other rub areas happen.

Right, but as Sootie mentioned, there will be a check engine light on when exceeding the factory tire sizes. I really dont want any lights on, so Ill probably have to go a different route.

Hopefully mine don’t rub with the 3 link.

I think what shef was saying is to run the tire size up to the max in the computer then trick the truck by changing the gear ratio in the computer. Simple online calculator says from factory tire to 37 would need to change back to a 3.85 gear ratio. Shows effective ratio of 3.27 with new tires.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Correct. I think they said and don't quote me but for 37s you would enter 3.20. That's how they got rid of the check engine light. Not sure if they adjusted the tire size. I inquired about reprogramming at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise FL the other day. They sell several Super Duties lifted with 38s. Their accessories department guy said the service department can reprogram mine when I get the 37s put on.