Oil temps

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea that's the route I was leaning but Ford has my hands tied. They said it's not coding out so nothing they can do.

So ima send it out only for customer to get pissed after first time he loads it up and it over heats.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Warranty center is scratching their heads. On hold 15 mins and they said they'd call me back after some studying lmao

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea that's the route I was leaning but Ford has my hands tied. They said it's not coding out so nothing they can do.

So ima send it out only for customer to get pissed after first time he loads it up and it over heats.
That would piss me off!

Yeah, ford is dumb at times.. obviously it has to set a code, so make it...

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ford wants me to test the new oil temp sensor I put in and change the oil. Lmao

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
This is why I couldn't be a dealer tech cause I'd have to follow their bull**** trouble trees for warranty

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
This is why I couldn't be a dealer tech cause I'd have to follow their bull**** trouble trees for warranty
Yeah, it blows donkey balls. Wish I had one at the shop right now that ran, so I could check for you, but that 264 is really hot. I didnt click the link, but I do know we had some issues on 11s where a baffle in the upper oil pan would fall down and not restrict the flow thru the oil cooler enough to cool the oil. You could see it with the oil filter adapter removed. I havent seen one in a long time, and ive only seen 2 that did it, but it may be something to check...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
I think the wrench light comes on at 237*. I think 262* is on a 6.4.

I somehow thought this was a 6.0 thread, and posted this totally irrelevant bit of info. Sorry guys.
That said, on our 17 6.7 F250 it runs 199-208* eot empty, and the highest I’ve seen towing WAY heavier than you should with an F250 is 241*. That is on a bone stock truck.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm probably just pulling cooler and inspecting passages in pan. At this point it's not worth pissing off the customer any more

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ford warranty just called me they said that their Engineers just handed them a bulletin stating to replace any oil pan that has this concern there's an entire batch of them that's missing this Galley plug so it bypasses the cooler

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Ford installed a new oil pan and oil cooler per their in house tsb on reman engines. There was no galley plug to direct oil into cooler so it was just flowing through the pan gallies. Road tested and all is well.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ford installed a new oil pan and oil cooler per their in house tsb on reman engines. There was no galley plug to direct oil into cooler so it was just flowing through the pan gallies. Road tested and all is well.
Sweet man, glad its fixed for ya. I hadnt heard of that on the reman engines till you said something about the,tsb, but had heard about the galley plug falling on the early ones. Glad to hear were back to quality is #1 LOL

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sweet man, glad its fixed for ya. I hadnt heard of that on the reman engines till you said something about the,tsb, but had heard about the galley plug falling on the early ones. Glad to hear were back to quality is #1 LOL

Yes.... Quality.... #1......

Had to top off coolant as I got it back to the shop and wash off the mess underneath
JsOF9PZ.jpg

LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At least they fixed it. Lol.. headache over.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.