gh tune failure to load onto sct x4 device

04cr450

Reaction score
Fellas,

Received an updated gh file today from NL(thanks guys). Did all the normal saving and loading of new tune in the computer, went in the device updater- hit browse and located the tune.
Had to remove a few tunes on the device as I was maxed out at 10... removed those 3 tunes over to available section.
Added the updated tune in the available section and moved over to device and hit program...About 3 seconds later- download failure and popped up a CTF error code, tried multiple times no success. Any idea what this is? Device is updated. Thank you

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
coulda been corrupt. re download the file from the email and try again .

04cr450

Reaction score
Doing that now... no luck so far. Looks like I may have to re-update tuner ehhh... have to go back to stock tuning and do the whole process over again. Maybe NL can send me the tune again as well.

Jomax

Reaction score
Doing that now... no luck so far. Looks like I may have to re-update tuner ehhh... have to go back to stock tuning and do the whole process over again. Maybe NL can send me the tune again as well.

I had to do that recently. I put the truck back to the stock tune and unmarried he device. Then redid it all. That fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Update.. put truck back to stock tuning and re updated tuner.. all up to date and tried reloading tune. No bueno, still on that code. Ehhh I'm lost now.. btw, when I loaded the stock tune on the truck made the "reduced engine power". Is this normal? I did not stock truck or anything.

sootie

Reaction score
If the stock exhaust is not under the truck, factory tuning will cause reduced engine power.

95cobby

Reaction score
Are you able to add the 3 tunes you removed back to the device? Your best bet in this situation is to call SCT and tell them the error code.

Also, any time you try to update the device I believe it's best to put truck back to stock tune in case something messes up. There may even be a pop-up that tell you to return vehicle to stock.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hit us up in the am. we will resend whatever you need first thing.

04cr450

Reaction score
Are you able to add the 3 tunes you removed back to the device? Your best bet in this situation is to call SCT and tell them the error code.

Also, any time you try to update the device I believe it's best to put truck back to stock tune in case something messes up. There may even be a pop-up that tell you to return vehicle to stock.

Yes the original 10 custom tunes were able to go back on the device. I think sct might have to get involved unless the new file is bugged. Not sure

04cr450

Reaction score
Ok I'm bored- put the tuner away and played around with my newly installed edge monitor. Did not get any further with the sct issue. Took a couple steps that NL advised me to do, no go. Next is to contact sct I would imagine

95cobby

Reaction score
That's weird you can put the original tunes back on the device but not the new one.. NL has the correct device ID I'm assuming

04cr450

Reaction score
i assume- I told jeff all the numbers, I called again and asked to resend the tune. Didn't get anything yet so not sure if the id is correct or not. Might be something that simple, will find out soon.
But yes all the original 10 tunes are in the device still with no issues. i know when i called in originally for a revised tune- nl only verified the serial # of the tuner. my info should be in the system from previous purchases, just talking out loud.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i assume- I told jeff all the numbers, I called again and asked to resend the tune. Didn't get anything yet so not sure if the id is correct or not. Might be something that simple, will find out soon.
But yes all the original 10 tunes are in the device still with no issues. i know when i called in originally for a revised tune- nl only verified the serial # of the tuner. my info should be in the system from previous purchases, just talking out loud.

if the SN is incorrect you will get an error code when trying to load saying incorrect serial number .

04cr450

Reaction score
Update. So after help with NL and sct, still was unsuccessful in getting my sct to load up the newly revised tunes. But, after updating tuner and reloading my existing gh tunes (race tune) the truck has no more lag..... smh.
I know this is zero help but updating the tuner did solve my issue lol
Also, finally hooked up my edge tuner and it's amazing how cool these engines operate. No need to watch egts even on the race tune.