Battery relocation ?

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Been throwing around the idea of mowing the batteries out of the engine bay to either under the cab on the frame rails or making a box to put them in a tool box in the bed. Have any of y’all done this an if so what size cable to go with to keep from having any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPA

Reaction score
0 AWG. I'm currently finishing up the 4 link on my excursion but my next fab up is battery relocate... Mine will be on the outer sides of both frame rails under driver and passenger.

MeTo

Reaction score
I moved the driver's side to the enclosure in the back; I de**ted the box. I needed some space for the second Donaldson air filter. I then had plenty of space for an inverter for running power tools and charging the batteries.

Last edited:

EPA

Reaction score
I'm making room for an air compressor and a fuse/relay box. On the drivers side I will be building a large stainless intake box with the fuse box integrated some way... The passengers side will have the compressor also in a small box that draws cool outside air, just to keep it cool. All this on top of the fact that I will reduce nose weight by About 80lbs... Sounds good to me haha.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
I want to move them personally just to make more room in there for future plans. An it cleans it up to not have those battery’s under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online