Feedback on 62mm SPE

Jada816

Reaction score
Im thinking about doing the Spe 62mm upgrade to my charger is it worth it? new wheel machine compressor housing and remove silencer ring. I have a 2012 that i put a 17 charger on full upgrades with 15+ hpfp...

Swaan

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm now this sounds interesting. I got nothing for ya but you've sparked my interest in the mod.

Jetskimadness

Reaction score
Also looking into this modification. Is there anyone running around with this setup? I have a 2015.

Swaan

Reaction score
Looks like you have to send your charger in to these guys to get the mods done. So your looking at down time plus the actual re@re of stock charger..
It's not just a simple do it yourself mod.

But still a lot cheaper then a whole new turbo

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I don't see a real benefit unless it DEFINITELY spools better. I don't think the actual bump in power over the stock charger is worth it. Just my uneducated opinion.

alewis

Reaction score
I’ve never heard any feedback on that charger... would love to hear some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harrelljr99

Reaction score
I don't see a real benefit unless it DEFINITELY spools better. I don't think the actual bump in power over the stock charger is worth it. Just my uneducated opinion.

They claim the same hp gains as a 63 fleece. They say their reason for 62mm was that 62mm turbine according to their research was most efficient.

650 hp capabilities WITH a stroker

I don’t think you’ll be satisfied with the gains of just the turbo you’ll have in the back of your mind.....if I had a stroker.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15pearl6.7

Reaction score
Im thinking about doing the Spe 62mm upgrade to my charger is it worth it? new wheel machine compressor housing and remove silencer ring. I have a 2012 that i put a 17 charger on full upgrades with 15+ hpfp...

Not worth the money IMO.. If the turbine is going to be untouched there is no point in getting a modded compressor side on this particular application.. I’ve ran 3 different company chargers “per customer request”.. Couldn’t tell any change afterwards other than lighter pockets and the same hp truck.. 😂😂 You’d enjoy a nonvgt a lot more

sootie

Reaction score
Not worth the money IMO.. If the turbine is going to be untouched there is no point in getting a modded compressor side on this particular application.. I’ve ran 3 different company chargers “per customer request”.. Couldn’t tell any change afterwards other than lighter pockets and the same hp truck.. 😂😂 You’d enjoy a nonvgt a lot more

That's a crock of chit

Wicked

Reaction score
On Powerstroke.org I remember reading someone testing different compressor sizes and blades. They did make a little more power, shifted the hp and tq to the right, and maintained higher hp/tq in the upper rpms. I’m trying to see if someone will do a 10 blade turbine with the stock compressor wheel. I’d rather have low rpm tq and hp instead of shifting that to a higher rpm for better everyday drivability but with some more whistle.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I recall KC turbos did some dyno runs showing the differences in stock, drop in billet, and their design compressor wheels. Biggest thing I saw was the values moving to the right. Drop in was better than stock but not what they wanted.

Black AOD

Reaction score
VGT's on these truck are massively restricted on both sides as far as the turbo wheels but the turbines are where the big gains are to be made.

That's why the fleece and KC units are so popular with the bigger turbine wheels that come in them.

Latest posts

Members online