Any Help?

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
05' 6.0, typical "strap on mods" running TSD' SPD.
Ran a few long runs over holidays. Driving like I stole it (as always). Ran like a sewing machine for close to 1k continuous miles and a mile from home died. Restarted like it did when replaced IPR back in summer. Came home and started the next morning, it hit warming cycle and died. Would not restart reading 35 psi ICP.
Unplugged the ICP sensor, no start but reading commanded ICP at least, plugged ICP sensor back in and it started but began surging. I went to straight pipe tip and it was lightly misting oil/ diesel, couldnt tell before died again. Returned truck to stock, just to see if any difference and reading 35icp again. Oil pressure, fuel pressure, FiCM volt, main all well. What the hell. Nurses and 6.0 Owners, takes a special kinda person. Thanks in advance for any input. Would STD fitting be a possibility? Haven't replaced that yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
gonna need a scanner. Any codes? What is ipr percentage when it wont start? What is low pressure oil doing?

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
I know Sootie, giving the typical cam shaft and low icp on the Livewire. The dash CEL gave a "TBL" message but that was it. Truck never ran bad, probably why she sitting now. I can unplug the ICP sensor, plug back in and it will start, but begins surging once warm cycle begins. Its cold in SC currently. I guess i'll pull the IPR again and check it. Just wondered if there was another trick up your sleeve. LOP is coming up as soon as begin cranking. I dont understand why unplugging the ICP sensor and replugging it will build pressure. I replaced that ICPsensor with a cheap one when I did the IPR, reckon that sensor is bad? Spitballing the cheap and painless of course. Appreciate it.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
I know Sootie, giving the typical cam shaft and low icp on the Livewire. The dash CEL gave a "TBL" message but that was it. Truck never ran bad, probably why she sitting now. I can unplug the ICP sensor, plug back in and it will start, but begins surging once warm cycle begins. Its cold in SC currently. I guess i'll pull the IPR again and check it. Just wondered if there was another trick up your sleeve. LOP is coming up as soon as begin cranking. I dont understand why unplugging the ICP sensor and replugging it will build pressure. I replaced that ICPsensor with a cheap one when I did the IPR, reckon that sensor is bad? Spitballing the cheap and painless of course. Appreciate it.

IPR% showing 35 psi when cold cranking (with ICP plugged) reads well over commanded percentage once unplugged. If that makes any sense.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Let me add, and I did this a few months ago, but the 6.4 banjos never agreed with my truck. Really hurt it off the line. I never heard anything but good concerning that mod but I'm putting my stock banjos back in. I never "Rolled coal" until I made that with either, and dont care to.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
Oil level was slightly low. Let me reiterate, the truck ran like a champ for many continuous miles over Christmas. I unplugged the ICP sensor, crank a few turns, plug back in and it will start. I took it down the road and can barely register any boost, surging bad when on skinny pedal. So bad it will stall. That is the only perameter reading off except ICP when it begins missing. I'm by no means of the knowledge of the regulars here but I am leaning VGT solenoid or turbo associated anyway. Gonna rig a fitting and run air though the ICP sensor hole and check for leaks then start tearing it back down. STC fitting has never been changed. Turbo may need rebuilt or cleaned. These trucks man. Gotta lov'em. Ive not completely ruled out IPR. Not smart enough to see if its hung open on the Livewire. I dont see that perameter but its acting exactly like it did when I replaced it back in the summer. I just dont remember registering boost except at high rpm's if will jump the needle. At idle boost is negative 20 to 30 psi.

sootie

Reaction score
There would be a code for the circuit if it was shorted.

ro3rasher3

Reaction score
1. Do you need shop air to accurately diagnose leaks through ICP port with adapter? I've got air compressors I use to push nail guns and such. Probably gonna push 120 psi tops.
2. Dorman sucks unless they have improved. First thing I did in 15' was put a dorman oil cooler in and it is already failing.
3. Decided to just bite bullet and tear back down and replace all oem. Dummy plugs, STC, etc. Any suggestions.
4. Thought about new cold air intake, but I can justify the money and ordered new oem filter. How can you get more volume than these "drums" flow? I'm asking, not denying you can't.
Truck still won't start unless I unplug ICP, crank a minute, replug ICP and it starts. Base oil comes up, I swear I think its IPR again. No sootie, I still haven't a scanguage, but a new IPR will arrive tomorrow. Diesel Tech Ron mentioned in a video he had replaced (7) on one vehicle that had been previously torn down. Why my monitor covers everything but IPR is beyond me. Appreciate any feedback.

Latest posts

Members online