03 6.0 programmer

powerstrokenit

Reaction score
Sct FTW!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.
I agree SCT ..but I'm really trying to figure out the differences between them, besides the livewire I know it does gauges too.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I just use the sct x3 I beleive its called and it has custom tunes from river city diesel and I use a Edge cts for my gauges. It really all depends on what your looking for and how much money you want to spend. Sct seems to be the way to go for 6.0 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3 has been phased out. X4 replaced it...

Sct FTW!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

For sure!

I agree SCT ..but I'm really trying to figure out the differences between them, besides the livewire I know it does gauges too.

Shot you a PM about an SCT. Depending on what you want to do you can go with just an X4, or A livewire TS. Another popular option is using something like the X4 to tune the truck, and then an Edge CTS to take care of the monitoring.

sootie

Reaction score
the livewire ts tuners are garbage from a reliability and accuracy standpoint. grab an X4 or a used X3 and buy either gauges or an edge monitor.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
the livewire ts tuners are garbage from a reliability and accuracy standpoint. grab an X4 or a used X3 and buy either gauges or an edge monitor.

I disagree. Not garbage, but not as user friendly as the cts for monitoring. Also a lot less options for expandability

sootie

Reaction score
three warranty replacements in one year = garbage LOL

i also have a pet peeve about how funky certain PID's are to read!

but dont mind me LOL

sootie

Reaction score
yup-not a fan of the shifting. it is also pretty smokey.

MT KingRanch

Reaction score
I have two new X4's that do not recognize my vehicle after updating, at least the first one worked before updating. Both of them were built a day apart, June 25 & 26th. The first one is back at SCT's for the second time, the new one as of last Friday, is a lump of shiny black plastic on the table next to me.
As of this morning, SCT is finally saying they are having some issues with tuning the 03-04 6.0's. This after haggling with them for a month and getting my PCM reflashed to rule that out (cost me $104).
Am waiting,waiting,...............:cursing:

Latest posts

Members online