00 XL head light to 05 head light conversion?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
Really? I could have sworn I've done like 3 of these conversions and it's NOT plug and play...

It would be if it were an 05+ truck he was installing the 05+ headlights in, but it is not...

Yeah.. really. I’ve done several of conversions myself including sealed beam to composite headlights, so I know what’s involved. Like I said earlier no splicing needed. You need a conversion harness like the one pictured Riffraff sells for $30 a set. But I’m sure you could supply him with what he needs. Even though it’s not an ’05-’07 it is that easy.

Last edited:

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
No. What you have now already has 9007 plug, and there is an adapter from (9007 to sealed beams). You remove that adapter and replace it with a (9007 to 9008), so you are NOT daisy chaining adapters. Good luck with the project.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
So Ford was kind enough to make a 9007 harness for the 99-04 trucks. But they were cruel enough to produce a sealed beam light that looks like it came from the 1960s. :doh:

jngreen

Reaction score
haha, it sounds like it.

The adapters for 15 bucks each sound like a good deal if they are good quality. I have heard of others getting burned up.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So Ford was kind enough to make a 9007 harness for the 99-04 trucks. But they were cruel enough to produce a sealed beam light that looks like it came from the 1960s. :doh:

Yep. I misunderstood some of what greasy fingers was saying, but I still say F the adapter. You'll be much happier, especially if you're sticking with incandescent bulbs, if you run relays. I thought I had really screwed up when I did my swap until I ran relays triggered off of the stock high/lo.

Copracr

Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 Excursion XLT that has a 2005 limited front end, and the low beams are really dim. I have to drive around with the high beams on adjusted down. The wiring looks like it was cut and a new pigtail wired in for each headlight. Any idea what was done wrong? or what I should try to fix it?

Sorry for the hijack

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.