Absolute Performance 6.0 Delta kit and Coolant Filter setup

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing Steve's delta kit and coolant filter setup. I removed a Sinister kit for this one and must say I am very pleased. Not only does the AP filter base look better, but it is much more solid. The mount on the Sinister kit was always needing adjustment.

y3u8y9em.jpg

On to my delta issues. From day one I have never had an acceptable delta gap. We swapped in a brand new oil cooler when the egr was deleted in 2011...we have swapped coolers two more times since then since cab had to come up anyway and it was convenient. Swapping the coolers yielded no improvement on my delta issues.

I have never seen and average better than a 18 degree delta. I have seen it up to 24 degrees on a few occasions.

With the recent installation of this kit, the biggest split I have seen is 5 degrees....and that was after a 100 mph run. Its 3-4 degrees under normal driving conditions.

Just driving around town most of the time temps are matched:

y9abese6.jpg

For anyone experiencing this, I highly recommend AP's kit. One of the most worthwhile mods I've done to date...

Couple of pics of it all in:

yhupena7.jpg

uhyjusag.jpg

adagy9ad.jpg

era7e7eq.jpg

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thanks for the words fellas! I put a lot of time into the coolant filter kits and I'm super glad that people are happy with them. As always, Garrett's truck makes our stuff look right at home under the hood :)

I was a skeptic. I admit it.

Its a no brainer really.

I'll let Danny comment on this^^ lol

Also want to give a huge shout out to Jason (G Racing) at Gardner Racing for knocking out some very trick, custom billet oil cooler fittings for our delta kit:
6a2yhyze.jpg

Look for these available here very, very soon!

Thanks again, Jason...... And Garrett for handing Jason tools lol

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Gotta have one of those oil cooler fittings, Steve can you pm me a price on those?

It frees up flow big time. Straight through now. Really makes routing the larger hose a breeze too with the outlet coming out the top instead of the forward end.

bootcamp

Reaction score
I know what you mean, just installed his delta kit on my truck last trip home along with a new cooler and it made a big difference. I just don't like the way that hose is routed.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Looks awesome Garrett! I should be getting my apex and delta kit soon...can't wait! I really like that oil cooler fitting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.