Injector Modification Identification

Mdub707

Reaction score
Not really, only good way is to pull it apart and take some measurements. I know some shops engraved the injector body or something, but I don't think any of the shops worth taking injectors to would do this, but I could be wrong.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
^^^^ what he said

Also sometime the nozzle size is printed low enough that you can read

swinky

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know if there is a way to visually check to see if an injector has been modified or not?
How's it going buddy?

Personally I'd just send them off and have them flowed and gone over while they're out.

03cody

Reaction score
I'm pretty good lol. Just gearing up for my "build".

That's probably what I'm gonna do though. I feel like it's the best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Holders Diesel can go through them for you and tell you what is done as well as flow them. MPD can do the same, both are good shops and at the top of my very short list of trusted places to send injectors for a 6.0.

03cody

Reaction score
Holders Diesel can go through them for you and tell you what is done as well as flow them. MPD can do the same, both are good shops and at the top of my very short list of trusted places to send injectors for a 6.0.

I talked to Rykan today and I'm gonna go ahead and send them there. I talked to Jared at RCD too but holders was a bit cheaper and I've heard nothing but good things about his work. Not to say I've heard bad things about RCD because I think they are a great shop.

Anyway, holders is gonna check them, flow them, and re o-ring them.

I was thinking about maybe doing some smaller nozzles. Like maybe 30s instead of 70s. I do still tow.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Don't quote me, but I believe Holders is around $40 per to check them over. I'm sure parts are extra on top of that. I think a set of nozzles will run you around $400 maybe.

03cody

Reaction score
Don't quote me, but I believe Holders is around $40 per to check them over. I'm sure parts are extra on top of that. I think a set of nozzles will run you around $400 maybe.

Yea you're pretty close. Rykan told me 35 dollars per injector. I haven't actually talked to him about nozzles yet though. If it is around 400. I'm most definitely gonna get some.

Latest posts

Members online