cylinder heads-new castings/reman'd

strokin6L

Reaction score
I need some new heads for the truck this spring. I've been dead set on getting a set of o-ringed reman heads from UCF Machine...until I saw this listing for a set of heads from Rudy's on ebay. My current heads will not be good for cores. UCF Machine o-ringed heads are $1950 with a $700 core charge. So it'd cost me $2650 from UCF for a set of heads. Rudy's heads are new castings with no core charge for $1569....that's a difference of nearly $1100. Figured I can just have Rudy's o-ring them....or have them drop shipped to UCF Machine for o-ringing. Could probably save a good $500 by the time they're o-ringed. What are your guys thoughts on new casted heads vs reman'd ones from UCF? Here's a link to the UCF heads https://store.ucfmachineshop.com/ and here's the ebay link to the Rudy's heads http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-6-0L-Fo...d=100010&rk=2&rkt=12&mehot=pp&sd=400815557836

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Another question here is how many people are recasting these? So far, every new casting I've dealt with has not lasted very long. Anywhere from warping, to cracking, etc

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if these heads from Rudy's are new castings directly from Ford...or from some other place. I'm just curious if guys have experienced issues with new casted heads.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes, plenty.

I just tossed on a set of ucf last year. So far so good, but as always will report back if there are issues.

strokin6L

Reaction score
How do you like the UCF heads? Looks like they go through an intense inspection....that's why I've been so dead set on getting heads from them. What were your thoughts on them when you saw them personally when you received them?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've heard all horrible things from the aftermarket "new casting" heads. I would guess that anything that states "new" casting is indeed Chinese.

If it was me, I would be either finding a good set of used heads, or going to Ford and buying new heads there, then having MPD do the o-rings.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How do you like the UCF heads? Looks like they go through an intense inspection....that's why I've been so dead set on getting heads from them. What were your thoughts on them when you saw them personally when you received them?

I was very impressed. I told the customer to keep me updated on how they work and if any issues arise.

So far they take the cake in my book if/when I have to buy heads.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah I think so to. The UCF heads sound like they're pretty well gone through. I will most likely end up getting them.

Latest posts

Members online