Question quetion !!!

rt-hemiboy

Reaction score
Hello everyone i have a question regarding a tuner i bought my truck tunned already it currently have what it looks to me a tow tune since it does not feel with alot of power and fuel consuption its not too good compared as if i was running a hot tune it is ******d and *** off.. Question i have already a sct x4 in hand unmarried and im looking into buying just one hot tune for better hp and fuel economy but also would like to keep the current one that its in the truck now for towing since i do some towing ... if i install the new tune with the sct x4 when i return to stock the truck will it install again the tow tune it came with it or will it just install a basic factory tune??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
If using and SCT device, whatever tune is on the truck now will be the "stock" file on the device.

Reaction score
Umm did you return to stock with the livewire prior to switching tuners?

Nope, couldn’t since Livewire was destroyed. Previous post stated “whatever tune” was on the truck would become the stock tune on the SCT device and that wasn’t the case in my situation with an SCT device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rt-hemiboy

Reaction score
Has anybody actually done it since now i have 2 different opinions like it will really help me decid thanks in advance

dmd

Reaction score
They gave the same answer based on your info... Your "stock" tune now is that tow tune. The tuner doesn't have access to the factory tune.

rt-hemiboy

Reaction score
They gave the same answer based on your info... Your "stock" tune now is that tow tune. The tuner doesn't have access to the factory tune.

Ok i guess ill pull the trigger on installing another tune and then returning to stock to see if that will put that towing tune back again thanksss....

Reaction score
Has anybody actually done it since now i have 2 different opinions like it will really help me decid thanks in advance

I actually did it.
1) Existing tune was a custom tune loaded with Livewire.
2) Loaded custom tube from GTX and all was good.
3) Returned to stock with GTX thinking it would load the tune from step 1. It cranked once and ran so bad I couldn’t drive it. Threw a long list of codes.
4) cleared codes and loaded new tune supplied with GTX and all is well.

Reaction score
Somebody more knowledgeable than I will have to answer that. GTX is an SCT device. I just told my story as it happened. After all I had read here and was told it didn’t play out as I expected it to.

Last edited: