H&>S Mini Maxx Please help

Wildmatt

Reaction score
Yes this is my first Post!! I've been reading as a guest , and need some help.

I'm a long time 7.3 owner, and I just recently bought a 2015 F-350 :fordoval: 6.7 it had a extremely "Hot" tune in it way too much smoke when I bought it. I ordered a H& ---> S that has 2015 6.7 tunes added , and mcc is unlocked. The H& an S seems to only load one tune at a time. I thought the mini Maxx is SOTF. It says it does, but it only runs on the tune loaded. Can't swap between stock, tow, street, or performance while driving. The head unit shows that it does, but it does not actually change which IPW table it runs on. When Flashing a tune it asks which power level to load, will it load all four at once for SOTF? Mini Maxx Firmware is ver. 6.9.8 My MCC Software shows stock, tow, street, and performance IPW tables in the custom tunes. Is this typical of the H& ---> s Mini Maxx? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

sootie

Reaction score
It isn't a legit H&S if it works on 15+ trucks. Sounds like either a hacked bully dog or an Apex unit.

Wildmatt

Reaction score
It isn't a legit H&S if it works on 15+ trucks. Sounds like either a hacked bully dog or an Apex unit.

Thanks for the info :thumbup:. I'm new to the 6.7 world. How would I tell what unit I have? It looks like a H&S Mini Maxx. If it is in fact a hacked bully dog ,or apex I'm assuming it will not SOTF? It was sold to me as a H&S Mini Maxx Race tuner from Diesel Truck Products from WA. I asked about it being able to tune a 15' DTP replied to me that H&S just recently released the 2015 6.7 support. I believed them since I wasn't up on the 6.7s, and didn't know about H&S's situation at the time. I was in a hurry to get the HOT tune out of the truck. The MCC is also unlocked right out of the box maybe it was unlocked to add the 15' files?

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score

So is that what all the "mini max" tuners on ebay are? Hacked bullydogs? lol. The sellers claim they're "brand new made in canada" but I really never bought that lol

sootie

Reaction score
So is that what all the "mini max" tuners on ebay are? Hacked bullydogs? lol. The sellers claim they're "brand new made in canada" but I really never bought that lol
Could be apex units.

Latest posts

Members online