NEW TURBO UNDERDEVELOPMENT::NEED HELP

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hello, guys and gals
I have been very busy getting the company up to speed( reducing waiting times) and other things I'm getting finished up ( better quality products).

Anyhow I just received some new wheels for a turbo that I have been developing. The turbo will be called the Madmax, it is my version of a Powermax. I designed the compressor wheel myself with some tweaks, from the manufacture. The wheel is exclusive to me, measurement, 66mm/90mm there about with extended tips.

I have only built one and sent it out for testing before I committed to a full order. Well initial testing is going well, so I have decided to get more wheels for more testing. So what about the help? I'm looking for members that have a Powermax right now and are running 175-190 injectors. The turbo I developed was target at those size injectors, so if someone wants to I will upgrade their Powermax for the Madmax for cost. Remember that no has a tune so you would have get with a tuner to get it tuned in.

Right now the turbo is being run with a stock turbo tune, and full fuel 190/100, runs pretty good on that but could use some fine tuning to get the most out of it. The turbo once all testing comes back and is all good will go into production. The turbo will be a brand new turbo, and no core charge, pricing will be somewhere 1850.00-1900.00 so far unless some tweaking needs to happen then might be just a little higher. The compressor wheel is a hi tech wheel, and great quality so it is costing me more then my other wheels.

PM me if you are interested and meet with the wants. I can also mod a 68mm if needed to the new turbo. I will also place back to original Powermax if not happy with results. Only looking for a few on this deal so let me know. Thanks

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Sorry for confusion, I would do a stock powermax for 475.00 which is less then cost of machining, and parts, but it is a way to get beta testers. I will offer it only for two or three testers, I was hoping to get the production madmax out for the 1850-1900 price.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have had some very good reviews from one tester and waiting on the other. The test truck is running 190/100 in it and on full race tune hits 1600 egt's, the shift point needs to be moved like the other stage 3 and 4 so the truck holes 5 gear up to at least 53mph. If the truck goes into overdrive too quick and it is at 45-50mph it will get under the turbo. That isn't a problem for the stage 1 it will dig it's way out of it.

Other things reported is that the turbo feels close to the stage 3 in power, this tester as had the stage 1, Hybrid , stage 3 on his truck so he know what it feels like. He is watching his air flow and it is higher then the hybrid. Egt's are about at least 200 degrees lower then the hybrid with same tune run. The spool is as fast as a powermax, except hits max boost faster, is very responsive, and very smooth. I designed this turbo more for the 175 injectors with the 190 being possible on a full race tune.

For you pullers this turbo falls into the 2.6 class, and may show alot of potental once so live tuning is done. I have ordered 10 more wheels and will continue to do a little more testing before producing this turbo. I will keep everyone updated on here as it goes along.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
UPDATE::::

I have built about 5 of these turbo and all are doing very well. The Madmax I have in my test truck is running on stock injectors, has no problem spooling and runs very strong. The turbo
will clean up 175/75 on full fuel, I don't have any one with 190 injectors but there is someone with 205 and their feedback was it worked great. I will be building some more to send out and will be building them for production very soon. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online