Where’s the gear shift?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
So I got my 96 utility truck almost 2 weeks ago and now the gear shift is on the steering column. I thought ford did away with steering column shifting a long time ago. That was what....in the 70’s? So now whenever I get in the truck I got to go 1, then 2, then to a “D”? No 3,4, or 5? Not sure if I’m doing it right but whatever. It did not want to shift right one night and the “off” button was flashing. I did go to NAPA and got a pan gasket with the filter. I’m gonna drop the pan and change the fluid.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
So I got my 96 utility truck almost 2 weeks ago and now the gear shift is on the steering column. I thought ford did away with steering column shifting a long time ago. That was what....in the 70’s? So now whenever I get in the truck I got to go 1, then 2, then to a “D”? No 3,4, or 5? Not sure if I’m doing it right but whatever. It did not want to shift right one night and the “off” button was flashing. I did go to NAPA and got a pan gasket with the filter. I’m gonna drop the pan and change the fluid.

I sure hope you’re kidding!!

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
Ford changed to the rotary gear selector in 1973.
You must have a 1972 shifter assembly installed aftermarket.
You can get the retrofit kit from powerstrokehelp’s youjizz channel

Latest posts

Members online