2017 Headlight Moisture

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
Any of you guys having trouble with moisture in your 17 headlights. I keep getting some in the bottom corners on both sides, just got the truck this weekend, and I noticed its even in there in the pic I took of it before leaving the dealer.

Attachments

• 2017 Ford.jpg
    2017 Ford.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 188

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
read about it in the owners manual. They are designed with outlet holes at the bottom of the housings to allow moisture in and out. They should dry up when the weather is better. Mine have looked like that in the morning under similar conditions. They have dried up just fine a few times now. Im not worried about it

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Still doesn't give you the feel goods...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
For anyone reading, I talked to my dealer, there is a TSB out on this, there are some that are warrantable, and some that aren't. I sent pictures in, and they are going to let me know.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Seems strange that they would put this specific item in the manual but theres tsb for it? What could they be fixing? do you know the code?

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I'd be awful upset if I bought an $80k pickup and the headlights already look like a 96 dodge neon's in bad weather, regardless if they're supposed to allow it to happen or not. Wouldn't be a deal breaker on buying a new one or not, but in my opinion the fog/condensation that develops in headlights is tacky.

pog

Reaction score
That shouldn't happen on a new truck. Could you imagine trying to sell a new truck with moisture already in the headlights lol

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
Yeah, my dealer isn't happy about it, he is doing everything he can to fix it for me. And I'm not sure on the code of the tsb Squat but he told me there is acceptable moister, but some are getting a haze, as mine did, and that is warrant able.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I'd be awful upset if I bought an $80k pickup and the headlights already look like a 96 dodge neon's in bad weather, regardless if they're supposed to allow it to happen or not. Wouldn't be a deal breaker on buying a new one or not, but in my opinion the fog/condensation that develops in headlights is tacky.

AGREED

CATDiezel

Reaction score
2k miles here in Houston with rain and crazy humidity and dry air changes

no moisture or hazing..... yet

They are experiencing much different temp swings up north...

My 11 and 15 would both do it if I went from way up north to good old humid Louisiana. 15 degree and dry to 74 and wet.

Rain also helps keep moisture out. Dew point causes the moisture to fall rather than stay airborne.

Regardless... $65k vehicle and moisture in headlight is yukk!

Latest posts

Members online