stage1160cc injectors say ad on solenoids ?

turbocoupe

Reaction score
aren't ad injectors for 99 and up 7.3 and also split shots
what is the advantage or disadvantage making a split shot injector a stage 1 single shot?
im just curious

Magnum PD

Reaction score
They may have just used that solenoid for those injectors. Who's are they?

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
All the solenoids are the same so I bet they used those from a core set that came in.

superpsd

Reaction score
You can tell the difference between a split and single. Look into the fuel delivery holes. Thru those holes you see the barrel. On a split shot injector there will be one bore machined into the side of the barrel with a small spill port passage to the plunger bore.

show_image.php

Last edited:

turbocoupe

Reaction score
maybe I explained it wrong
what is the advantage of converting ad injectors (split shot)
to a stage 1 160cc single shot ?

sorry for the confusion

Magnum PD

Reaction score
More fuel going into cylinder instead of back into fuel gallery. I think

superpsd

Reaction score
The stock AD injectors are a 140cc injector. The pilot shot is somewhat wasted as it is mostly to reduce noise and emissions. Converting as in pulling them apart yourself or? You best bet would to probably just buy some AC code injectors if your ADs have some miles on them. The oil sides wear out. The cost of the internals, specialized tools, and flow testing (flow testing not exactly needed but if you don't flow them you can put them in to find out you wasted your time and money) The stock AD intensifier does not work with the AC plunger and barrel. So you would need all new pistons, plungers, barrels, new nozzles would be best, oil side repairs? Technically you can plug the spill port on the barrel but that requires critical skill and TIG welding and likely not worth a gain of 20-30cc. Best bet is a new set of AC codes or a set of stage 1s from a reputable builder.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
maybe I explained it wrong
what is the advantage of converting ad injectors (split shot)
to a stage 1 160cc single shot ?

sorry for the confusion

Mostly that you gain bout 40hp (with proper tuning) and the injectors are a lot less oil hungry. Some see a fuel mileage improvement with single shots as well, but that is not guaranteed.

turbocoupe

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the gain was if any
I got brand new alliant ac code injectors going in my truck now
the rebuilt stage 1 injectors had ad on the solenoids so I suspected they converted them to single shots I was just wondering what the advantage was that's all
thanks for the info

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.