Looking for 4-5inch lift need opinions

1badpsd

Reaction score
I'm about to convert my 01 F350 back to a dually and swapping in axles from a 2015. What's a good 4-5 inch kit without breaking the bank? I've been looking at the zone 4 inch as ive heard zone is made by BDS. anyone have any experience with them? Plan is to get the radius are drop kit for now since I plan to do pmf 3 link later. Any insight would be great, would love to do a carli kit but 2-4k for a lift isn't in the budget right now

DarcyB

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well, whats the major differences between zone and bds?

I've been looking at a 4-4.5" kit for my 2015 and think of deciding on the BDS 4" radius arm drop. My understanding is it's a better ride then stock and a lot of the cheaper brands but not as plush as carli. With that though you can keep a more level stance when loaded in comparison to carli and the higher end Brands as it's more geared towards work trucks rather than offroad trucks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DarcyB

Reaction score
Did you ever end up selling your alcoa's? I'm looking to do a set up like you had, just not sure which would be the better route; the AF 10lug 22x10 classics or the real alcoa 10lug with adapters?!

1badpsd

Reaction score
Yes I did, one of my friends bought them and put em on his mega cab. I like real Alcoa's, I hate the stupid lip AF puts on everything.

1badpsd

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well, whats the major differences between zone and bds?

I've been looking at a 4-4.5" kit for my 2015 and think of deciding on the BDS 4" radius arm drop. My understanding is it's a better ride then stock and a lot of the cheaper brands but not as plush as carli. With that though you can keep a more level stance when loaded in comparison to carli and the higher end Brands as it's more geared towards work trucks rather than offroad trucks.

From my understanding zone is BDS without the lifetime warranty

DarcyB

Reaction score
Yes I did, one of my friends bought them and put em on his mega cab. I like real Alcoa's, I hate the stupid lip AF puts on everything.
Do you remember or have an idea of how much lip the real alcoa's have? AF make the classics in 11" wide as well with 0mm offset which may be more similar to the alcoa's. Any thought?

Stokt

Reaction score
I put a Zone 4" radius arm kit with the nitro shocks on my truck about two months ago. I'm happy with it. The parts are heavy and seem to be well made. Installation was easy with no fitment issues. I will say I think the ride is a bit stiffer than stock, but a little more controlled over rough spots. I should mention that my comparison is to the stock shocks that had over 100k miles on them and were undoubtedly beat.

1badpsd

Reaction score
I put a Zone 4" radius arm kit with the nitro shocks on my truck about two months ago. I'm happy with it. The parts are heavy and seem to be well made. Installation was easy with no fitment issues. I will say I think the ride is a bit stiffer than stock, but a little more controlled over rough spots. I should mention that my comparison is to the stock shocks that had over 100k miles on them and were undoubtedly beat.
Thank you, I'm coming from a leaf sprung front end so it can't ride much worse

Latest posts

Members online